Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #16
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur
Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I think that it's an obvious business move. Nook does it, so Kindle has to as well.

I don't really want to ignite another inconclusive DRM debate, but it seems like to me that if ebooks are to surplant paper books completely, then they need to evolve all the functionality of physical books. This is certainly, in my opinion, a first step.
Rhynedahll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #17
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
What I find amusing is all the Kindle owners used to scoff at the Nook for this feature about the limitations but all of sudden Kindle owners have declared this to the greatest thing ever.

*rolls eyes*
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #18
meromana
Zealot
meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: my laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhynedahll View Post
I don't really want to ignite another inconclusive DRM debate, but it seems like to me that if ebooks are to surplant paper books completely, then they need to evolve all the functionality of physical books. This is certainly, in my opinion, a first step.
I agree. The publishers are just so-o-o short-sighted. The limited lending is just like the DRM issue; the assumption is that if people loan out their books, it's preventing a sale. Um, Mr. Publisher, take a look around--people have been loaning books for centuries, especially the best-sellers, yet they're still best-sellers! Duh.

--Maria
meromana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #19
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
What I find amusing is all the Kindle owners used to scoff at the Nook for this feature about the limitations but all of sudden Kindle owners have declared this to the greatest thing ever.

*rolls eyes*
Er, other than the OP, is there anyone actually impressed by this?

Reactions in this thread:

Quote:
I agree that I wish this was something to get excited about.
Quote:
...it's better than nothing.
Quote:
I'm underwhelmed.
Quote:
I look upon this development and scoff haughtily.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, e-books, kindle, kindle apps, lendme