Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2009, 05:02 AM   #16
Killian
Enthusiast
Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Well mine was posted out this morning so will hopefully be with me by tomorrow if not Friday. Will just get a few different one's out and check them. Glad you don't have to have the Sony Software installed as I didn't intend on doing anything with that. Have played around with both and find Calibre to be much more intuitive and functional.

Thanks for all your posts; may get a car charger just to be safe in the future too. Nothing worse than forgetting to charge something and having to suffer the consequences.
Killian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:23 AM   #17
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
It's worth mentioning that some companies take a dim view of plugging in storage devices into their machines without explict permission
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2009, 06:26 AM   #18
Killian
Enthusiast
Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.

I'm the lead IT Technician at my place so those decisions rarely apply to me lol

Also helps that the Network Manager is a close friend
Old 07-30-2009, 11:16 AM   #19
jesjaspers
jesjaspers began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader PRS 505
anyone tried charging a 505 on the go via a Power Monkey/Power Gorilla etc?
jesjaspers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When you buy a PSP AC adapter for your Sony Reader, do not just buy any PSP AC adapter. Buy once that is certified as ain UL Listed. If not, you could be getting a cheap one that could possibly be a fire risk.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
Just had a quick look on ebay and found this;

PSP In Car Charger

Or maybe I'd be better with this:

Sony Reader In Car Charger

Any thoughts? Am going camping next week so want to make sure I have something as a last resort
I would rather spend more and get an iGo car cord with PSP tip. May cost more, but it's safer and won't catch fire or easily break.

Here is an eBay auction for the PSP tip.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-iGO-Power-Ch...3286.m20.l1116

Here is the car charger cord from eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-iGo-Universa...d=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-30-2009 at 11:31 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #22
Killian
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesjaspers View Post
The Power Gorilla comes with an abundance of addon tips; one which is for charging Sony PSPs so I'd imagine it woud work.

I've just realised I've got a PSP official mains charger from back in the day (not used it for ages!) so can use that for most charges.

Thanks for all the advice; will look into getting a proper charger if I ever feel the need to.

K
Old 07-31-2009, 07:00 AM   #23
jesjaspers
jesjaspers began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader PRS 505
Killian - I'll hunt out the correct tip and try it out
jesjaspers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #24
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Don't you also need to have the Sony eBook Library software installed before it will charge?
No. Mine (PRS 505) charges when connected to usb port though I haven't installed Sony software.
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #25
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
No. Mine (PRS 505) charges when connected to usb port though I haven't installed Sony software.
Mine does also. BUT I have noticed that if I plug my 505 into my computer and then "eject" it by clicking on the eject button in the Sony library software, the reader will quit charging and actually start discharging. So, make sure the red light on the reader is on to indicate that it actually is charging.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #26
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Mine does also. BUT I have noticed that if I plug my 505 into my computer and then "eject" it by clicking on the eject button in the Sony library software, the reader will quit charging and actually start discharging. So, make sure the red light on the reader is on to indicate that it actually is charging.

dordale
True. I've had mixed experiences with charging on pc's other than my registered one. OTOH, the PSP chargers (thru the round power port) ALWAYS charges perfectly, and faster than via usb.

Also, the Power Monkey with the PSP tip charges my Reader just fine (as expected). SO, I actually have a nice solar charger for my Reader! (This can be important if I find myself on a desert island--gotta take the PM with me and keep my Reader memory full if I'm on a boat!!!)
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #27
dc-k
dc-k began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesjaspers View Post
I use the power monkey with the psp tip and it charges perfectly
dc-k is offline   Reply With Quote