Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 11-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
Peridot
Peridot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
How to get hold of a Bebook in the UK

Hi

I am writing on behalf of my mum. She is very interested in getting a Bebook but is afraid of getting caught. She got a Cybook from W H Smiths recently and had to send it back due to it being faulty and got a full refund. She said that now she would only get a reader if she could see it for herself. She said that the Bebook would be in stores within the uk soon but I was wondering if anyone knew where we could see one?
Peridot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
If you're in London, I bought mine from Sunrise Digitial on Tottenham Court Road yesterday.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
Hi

I am writing on behalf of my mum. She is very interested in getting a Bebook but is afraid of getting caught. She got a Cybook from W H Smiths recently and had to send it back due to it being faulty and got a full refund. She said that now she would only get a reader if she could see it for herself. She said that the Bebook would be in stores within the uk soon but I was wondering if anyone knew where we could see one?
Sorry to hear that you Mom had such a bad experience. I hope she can get a reader she likes soon.

As for seeing, well the Sony is probably the easiest to get to view physically, followed by the Illiad.

You or she could also try to post on the See a device thread, and see if someone with one could meetup to show you one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
If you're in London, I bought mine from Sunrise Digitial on Tottenham Court Road yesterday.

Interesting!

Can I ask how much you paid for it? and what you got in the package?
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:32 AM   #4
redbaron101
Zealot
redbaron101 began at the beginning.

Device: palm t3, iphone, bebook (hanlin v3 clone)
Im in the uk and bought directly from the bebooks website (mybebook.com). I ordered on Sun and received it on Friday. They have an active forum, but it is still a slight worry for me if I do have to return the bebook - since then I found out you can buy it from an uk website as well for next day delivery - http://www.widget.co.uk/products/Pro...oupCode=BEBOOK (£229)
redbaron101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 AM   #5
silentmemory
silentmemory began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Mine took a day or two to arrive from Dabs, £210 - http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx...avigationKey=0
silentmemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #6
redbaron101
Zealot
redbaron101 began at the beginning.

Device: palm t3, iphone, bebook (hanlin v3 clone)
yup its amazing how the bebook is popping up all over the place now in the uk - I found the cheapest online is dabs, and on the high street is BT shop (!) both for about £210
redbaron101 is offline   Reply With Quote