Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Joss Whedon's Internet Musical

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" producer Joss Whedon has created a three-part musical comedy entitled "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog," to be streamed online starting Tuesday, July 15, 2008. The cast includes Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day.

The Hollywood Reporter article:
Joss Whedon's a hero with 'Dr. Horrible'

The website:
http://www.drhorrible.com/

Part One will be available on the 15th, Part Two on Thursday, July 17th and Part Three on Saturday the 19th. All three parts will be available online only until midnight July 20th.
A downloadable podcast and a DVD may be available in the future. The website has a teaser trailer.

It looks like a lot of fun. The musical episode of "Buffy" was quite good.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Thanks, I'll try to check it out.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
heeheehee
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:34 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
heeheehee
i love it when nate giggles.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
The muppet/puppet episode of Angel was hi-larious too
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i love it when nate giggles.
I just hope this will be something new. Have you noticed that he's had 3 shows (Buffy, Firefly, Dollhouse) with a young female superhero? I hope he's noticed he's in a rut, and is trying to break out of it.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #7
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
The muppet/puppet episode of Angel was hi-larious too
IT WAS. IT WAS. I LAUGHED SO HARD I HAD RUST ISSUES.

*ALL WILL ... err SOMETHING (muppets) *

Last edited by tINmOUSE; 07-12-2008 at 12:04 PM.
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
I just hope this will be something new. Have you noticed that he's had 3 shows (Buffy, Firefly, Dollhouse) with a young female superhero? I hope he's noticed he's in a rut, and is trying to break out of it.
Firefly/Serenity was a bit of a break from the norm (although River, or course, seriously rocked, and could go into that category). It got cancelled, but still.....
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:10 AM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Act I is up.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just watched Acts I & II after hearing about it again on NPR. It was mentioned that after Sunday, the only way to watch the show will be to download each act from iTunes for $1.99.

Go watch it for free before the weekend ends. It's kinda fun!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:37 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

A little background:

This musical was created during the writer's strike last year. (A normal person would take the opportunity to go on vacation; Joss did this instead.) He wanted to show that it was possible to release serious work without the major studios.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:42 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
A little background:

This musical was created during the writer's strike last year. (A normal person would take the opportunity to go on vacation; Joss did this instead.) He wanted to show that it was possible to release serious work without the major studios.
That was the NPR story, although why he was writing and shooting during the strike is a bit beyond me.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
That was the NPR story, although why he was writing and shooting during the strike is a bit beyond me.
All this was already on Wikipedia, actually.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:44 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Ahhh, the almighty Wikipedia. I guess I'll have to take a look.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Well, that Wikipedia article didn't answer my question. It was supposed to have been "pencils down" during the strike. Even though it's ridiculous to think that no one was writing during the down time, I'm surprised to see someone admit it... it writing . Maybe Whedon has enough power not to get any flak from it.

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, duck!, unutterable silliness