Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #211
mmjoshi
Connoisseur
mmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle Touch
Any update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjoshi View Post
This did not work for me. I just get a blank directory in the KOReader file manager. I am assuming I have to make this change in addition to the change to be made to the filechooser.lua

Am I missing something?

mj
mmjoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:24 AM   #212
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
The change that chrox mentioned should be alone sufficient to archieve what you want to do. Note that the expressions will only match lower case file extensions. No other changes should be applied in addition.

That said, I won't have time to look into this for about another week, I guess. Maybe someone else can have a look.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #213
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by richy1989 View Post
Is there any way to add a filter with the File Manager?
I have too many books,
but I just want to view the 'pdf' documents with koreader.
You don't have to edit filechooser.lua. In koreader there already is an implementation for choosing what extensions to use.

In koreader/frontend/document your will find three scripts:
pdfdocument.lua for pdf-files,
djvudocument.lua for dvju-files,
credocument.lua for all other handled files.

At the end of each file you have lines such as:
DocumentRegistry:addProvider("txt", "application/txt", CreDocument)

Comment out those extensions you do not want to see by prefixing "--" or add lines for new extensions, e.g.:
DocumentRegistry:addProvider("lua", "application/txt", CreDocument)

In the case of showing only pdf- and epub-files comment out the DocumentRegistry in dvjudocument.lua and all lines but one in credocument.lua.

Last edited by Markismus; 07-23-2013 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Interpunction
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #214
mmjoshi
Connoisseur
mmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchfork

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
The change that chrox mentioned should be alone sufficient to archieve what you want to do. Note that the expressions will only match lower case file extensions. No other changes should be applied in addition.

That said, I won't have time to look into this for about another week, I guess. Maybe someone else can have a look.
Thanks. This does work though partially for me. It shows all the directories but only those directories which have pdf, ePUB or djvu files show the filenames. Rest of the directories do not have any entries. Ideally, I would like to get a list of only those directories which have pdf, ePUB or djvu files so as to not clutter the file manager display with empty directories. Maybe its too much to ask.

mj
Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #215
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
That's indeed much more complicated - Koreader does (currently) take the file manager approach, directory-wise, so it does not look into subdirectories. What you ask for would probably be calling for a database approach - possible, but the foundations are not there yet.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #216
mmjoshi
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
That's indeed much more complicated - Koreader does (currently) take the file manager approach, directory-wise, so it does not look into subdirectories. What you ask for would probably be calling for a database approach - possible, but the foundations are not there yet.
Thanks for the update. For the time being I will stick with the solution given by Thomass by storing all the pdf, ePUB and djvu files in the documents directory. Somehow I prefer an uncluttered file manager menu in KOReader displaying just the relevant files. Hopefully in the future versions fo KOReader this feature gets implemented

mj
Old 07-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #217
mmjoshi
Connoisseur

Changelog for nightlies

Is there any place where I can view the changelog for the nightlies? That way one can decide whether to install the nightly build. Searched for the changelogs but could not find them.

mj
Old 07-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #218
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Is there any place where I can view the changelog for the nightlies?
you can follow the closed issues and here the upcoming ones.

Last edited by thomass; 07-25-2013 at 06:54 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:04 AM   #219
mmjoshi
Connoisseur

Dictionary for ePUB documents

I have installed the stardict dictionaries and the Tesseract OCR package. The dictionary works perfectly with pdf and djvu documents but not with ePUB books. Do I need to something differently or it is not supposed to work with ePUB books.

BTW, the scrolling for dictionary definitions works perfectly with today's nightly. Thanks!

mj
Old 07-31-2013, 03:17 AM   #220
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The dictionary works perfectly with pdf and djvu documents but not with ePUB books.
It's in the list of unsolved issues already.

(crereader is used for all of the supported document types except pdf and djvu.)
Old 07-31-2013, 03:50 AM   #221
mmjoshi
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
It's in the list of unsolved issues already.

(crereader is used for all of the supported document types except pdf and djvu.)
Thanks for the update. Hopefully gets fixed soon! Read lot of ePUB books

mj
Old 07-31-2013, 04:47 AM   #222
NuPogodi
Connoisseur
NuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle 3, Tolino Shine, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
...crereader is used for all of the supported document types except pdf and djvu.
cbz, xps (muPDF) & images (jpeglib)? still not included in the list of supported types?
NuPogodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:22 AM   #223
fil9998
Enthusiast
fil9998 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil9998 View Post
after last upgrade KOreader crashes when reading a pdf in semi-auto page
I use two fingers slide up and down to increase/decrease brightness.
problem SOLVED after latest upgrade
thanks
fil9998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #224
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Version koreader 394, Italian KPW 5.3.5, kpvbooklet 0.4.9.

problem:
- The dictionary does not work with pdf reflow

PS: Thanks for the "GOTO"
Aj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #225
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuPogodi View Post
cbz, xps (muPDF) & images (jpeglib)? still not included in the list of supported types?
Here both xps and cbz stated as supported formats though didn't try them myself.

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch