Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Question Best ROM for rooted Kindle Fire??

I really hardly ever go over to the Kindle Fire Amazon interface anymore and after borrowing a book to read from the Amazon Lending Library, I realized how much I basically hate the Kindle reading app since I am forced to use that app in order to read the borrowed book. At the moment I am really liking the Moon+ Reader, but I like several others also.
On the other hand, I really am hating the Amazon ebook reader.

I have read about two current ROM's - gedeROM and SimpleCM9 - any comments on these?

I have TWRP, and Titanium Pro so I should be able to update the ROM fairly easily.

Is there any bad side to using one of these ROMS? I believe one of them does not show the charging light and one doesn't have keyboard clicks....anything other nasty surprises?

Also, how easy is it to go back to my present state?
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
You should try out the Jelly Bean ROM using SGT7 enhancements, Jelly Bean is heaps better on the KF than ICS - Battery drains less, and overall smooth. It has the charging light, just not the icon (but there has been work on it and you might see it for a second now).

If you make a backup, it should be easy to go back by just flashing the zip.

I think gedeROM has the status toggle switch? The SGT7 one has that too.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #3
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
You should try out the Jelly Bean ROM using SGT7 enhancements, Jelly Bean is heaps better on the KF than ICS - Battery drains less, and overall smooth. It has the charging light, just not the icon (but there has been work on it and you might see it for a second now).

If you make a backup, it should be easy to go back by just flashing the zip.

I think gedeROM has the status toggle switch? The SGT7 one has that too.
Thanks, I appreciate some guidance on which one to choose...there seem to be a lot out there.

I'm debating between pulling the trigger on changing the ROM and trying to talk my husband into taking my Kindle Fire for a birthday gift next week while I get a Nexus 7 or a Galaxy Tab 7" for myself.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
Hope
Zealot

Dumb question: can I still use Go Launcher Ex and Live Wallpapers with JellyBean and the other alternastive ROMS?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Dumb question: can I still use Go Launcher Ex and Live Wallpapers with JellyBean and the other alternastive ROMS?
Yep. There's even an HD version of Go Launcher.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert