Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Evoguía is FREE at Steven Lyle Jordan books

Evoguía has been reissued at Steven Lyle Jordan books, edited and reproofed to provide a much-improved reading experience.

A scientist in Atlanta creates a revolutionary breakthrough in accessing the untapped potential in humans, and in so doing, sows the seeds of a decades-spanning conflict between Homo Sapiens and a group of people—a 98-pound weakling, a police detective, a boy with learning difficulties and an illness-prone woman—who become the first generation of Homo Evoguía... the Self-Evolved Man.

Note, this is not a rewriting of the original story. Though the book has been edited, the text remains essentially the same. This book is now free on my site. The rest of the SLJ catalog is available in multiple ebook formats, No DRM, and at a low price of $2.99US. Check them out.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 08-13-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Apparently someone is either attempting to quash the competition, or has a personal grudge: On the Kindle store, they have added "drm-infected" and "defectivebydesign" tags to my book, whereas my book does not have DRM (you all know none of my books do).

I've already complained to Amazon about this heinous practice, but I have no doubt they will ignore me completely. So I'd appreciate it if any of my fans would go to the Kindle site and vote down those tags.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Sorry to hear that someone is causing you trouble Steven. I'm sure its frustrating to see such being posted and know that others take such as being accurate due to not knowing any better.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Thumbs down

Looked further into this, and discovered I (and others) am being victimized by Defective By Design. Apparently they believe that any book sold in the Amazon store is DBD, since Amazon is such a despicable company, and so they try to tag every ebook with their DRM and DBD tags.

I understand the issues DBD has with DRM, and I don't condemn them for speaking up against DRM. However, their complaint with Amazon is not directly about DRM use, but their opinion that Amazon is an evil empire because they can monitor Kindle usage. If they have a problem with Amazon's business practices, DBD should take it up with Amazon... not attack its vendors by vandalizing their product pages.

</rant>
Old 08-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Note: I've managed to square things with Defective By Design... but I also had to take some unrelated steps to work out my Kindle sales that had nothing to do with them... so, at the moment, Evoguía and my other books are available at my site in Kindle formats.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Some background on Evoguía

When I wrote Evoguía, I was reacting to all the genetic manipulation stories that had become popular in SF; there seemed to be unending ways to identify and catalog specific DNA fragments, isolate them, inject them into a subject, and produce the super-soldier of the month, easy as pie. Unfortunately, we've already established that a few DNA bits don't just trigger a desired bodily change... they have to work in conjunction with many other DNA bits, proteins, chemicals and specific timing, little of which we understand... what most people imagine about DNA manipulation is akin to believing a light switch, properly powered, can grow a house.

On the other hand, there were examples, going back centuries, in which men and women had self-engineered changes to their essential infrastructure, right down to their autonomous nervous system, through combinations of self-hypnosis, meditation and self-training. Evoguía mentions the famous Pacific pearl divers who can hold their breaths for minutes while underwater, and yogis who can slow and practically stop their heartbeats during meditation... these are documented examples of man's ability to self-alter bodily systems that are supposed to be outside of his control.

In Evoguía, Dr. Anitra Juarez has traveled the world studying these phenomena, and returns with a theory that using the latest in biofeedback and monitoring equipment can allow any person to learn how to access and manipulate those autonomous systems... essentially, using technology to induce self-hypnosis.

The initial subjects of her experiment are:
  • Nami Waters, Atlanta police detective, whose senses are dulling as she ages, jeopardizing her career and the lives of herself and her fellow officers;
  • John Jafar, an average man with a small and weak body, who wants to find new ways of improving his physique;
  • Harvey Taim, a boy with learning difficulties who hopes to improve his cognitive skills; and
  • Nicolette Larson, a chronically-sick woman who hopes to strengthen her immune system and improve her daily health.

The story only starts with them... and as the results of Dr. Juarez' experiments become tangible--and much more far-reaching than any of them could have expected--the story continues through the next two generations of these characters, and the world in which they come to be major influences. And it finishes, generations beyond that, in a surprise culmination that brings a closing to the Evoguía saga.

Evoguía is broken up into four parts, each telling the story of a different period in the history of the characters. Although technology figures in the story, this is about the people and their struggles to fit into the new world they've helped to create, and which constantly pushes back at them. It's a story of evolution, and of the difficulties and fearfulness of change.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

FREE

Evoguía is now free to download at my site.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Apparently not many people have seen the notices regarding this book... it's just not getting the attention that a FREE full-length novel should be getting. So I'll reiterate:

Evoguía, the novel about human augmentation experiments gone unexpectedly beyond all expectations, is available for FREE at Steven Lyle Jordan Books.

There is more free content at the site, as well as my other novels. Please come and check out Evoguía, and if you like it... tell your friends!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Bumping? Moi? Mais-non, my friends. I just thought I'd mention how good reading Evoguía is for those long, cold winter nights.

Unless you're in another hemisphere, in which case, Evoguía is even better when lounging around at poolside...

Oh, heck. Just go download the book. It's still free.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #10
steve_w
steve_w began at the beginning.

Device: Open to them all!
OK, OK, calm down, I've downloaded it
steve_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #11
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
I downloaded your book and will add it to my ever growing list of books to read someday. Thank you!
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Bump With Notice: Evoguía has been given a renewed editorial pass and proofing, and it's still FREE! Get your copy today!

Tags
change, evolution, generations, science fiction, steven lyle jordan