Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
erollisi
erollisi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Copyright for /resources/images/?

Hi there,

anyone can tell me what license is the files in the folder "/resources/images/"
I want to use the images on a website but I don't know if I can use it, modify it and if I have to attribute it to someone or a license.

Thank you!
erollisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you have specific image(s) in mind, tell me and I'll tell you the license. The images come from various places and dont have uniform copyrights.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
erollisi
erollisi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you have specific image(s) in mind, tell me and I'll tell you the license. The images come from various places and dont have uniform copyrights.
Ok, maybe I use these images:
- default_cover.png
- folder mimetypes (epub.png, mobi.png, pdf.png)
- folder devices (ipad.png, nook.jpg, kindle.jpg (Do you know where's the icon for the Kindle 3?)

And I do not know if I need more images, isn't possible to list the licenses like the COPYRIGHT file?

Thanks Kovid.
erollisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
default_cover is from the Oxygen icon set CC licensed. All the mimetype icons are either from the Oxygen license set or created by me in which case they are also CC licensed.

The device images are just from random googling, I have no idea what their copyright status is.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote