Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #16
spud357c
Enthusiast
spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.spud357c understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Glo and Nook Color
Can someone please explain how to use Calibre to remove covers for books that have been removed from the Glo.
In Kobo utilities I see there is an option to remove covers from selected books but if the book has been removed it doesn't show as being on the device.
I can't find anywhere where the covers themselves are listed and I can't find anyway to identify the images in the Kobo image folder.
thanks
spud357c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:08 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you delete a book from the device using the device GUI or through calibre, the cover images should be removed. And they seem to have gotten it right when I simply delete the book from the file system.

The option you want in the utilities plugin is "Clean images directory of extra cover images". This is supposed to search through the cover images for any that are not referenced in the device database. When you run this, there is an option for whether to delete the covers, or do the test. When it finished, you can look at the names of the files.

Having said that, this is broken for the current firmware. Kobo changed where the covers where stored in FW2.9.0. I only updated the code to handle the change this week. I'll be releasing an update over the weekend. It has this fix and some other additions.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote