Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #16
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaze View Post
If it would go to court, the judge would look really really bad at you with the threat to kill someone's family.

Seriously, get over it and understand that your so called humor won't make a difference to those who break copyright laws anyways. And do you seriously think they would believe you would kill their family?

Oh well, it's your book...
Ummm... I'm not Mr Ploppy...

~~~~~

@HarryT : You're right, of course. I just tend to reckon that where the law is involved, the tighter you nail things down, the better.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #17
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
I know, I just took your mention about court as an example.
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #18
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
So which one of you two do I sue for deffocation of character then?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #19
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
I never done nuffin' guv! *looks innocent*
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #20
alan ryker
alan ryker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Droid
I think you have to use your real name on the copyright page.
alan ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan ryker View Post
That doesn't appear to be the case.

Eg, I have the complete series of Patrick O'Brian's "Aubrey/Maturin" naval novels, and they are all "Copyright Patrick O'Brian". That was just a pen name - his real name was "Richard Patrick Russ".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #22
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan ryker View Post
Won't that look a bit odd if it is different to your writing name?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #23
alan ryker
alan ryker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Droid
I decided to look into it since I'm going to release a few ebooks within the next few weeks under a pseudonym.
https://www.createspace.com/en/community/thread/4292
You can use a pseudonym. This person suggests that if you do so, you note it in a copyright registration.
I'm going to use my real name, because I don't mind people knowing my real name and it seems easier.

Here's the govs page: http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl101.html
alan ryker is offline   Reply With Quote