Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #16
schroedercl2
Enthusiast
schroedercl2 is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Amazon lowers their ebook prices because they're one of the few ebook retailers that can. They know that other ebook sellers can't compete with their prices and they're trying to gain a monopoly in the market.
Unfortunately, this also devalues ebooks, so publishers are delaying ebook publishing for pbook publishing..
schroedercl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #17
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Yes. At least it makes me mad. I refused to buy Demon Bound by Caitlin Kitteredge for two months when I searched for it to buy it from B&N and saw the paper copy was less. I don't *want* the paper copy cluttering my livingroom, but I'm sure as hell not going to pay more for something that I can't sell to a used bookstore or give to a friend when I'm done.

At least, I said that for two months, until I was bored while waiting for my oil change...and purchased it because it was on my to-read list. Go figure.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert