Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Impressions of our customers on PB 301

Hey, ppl, since PocketBooks 301 started to sell in the US, and there appeared first customers with threir impressions and comments, I'd love to have them all here.

And this is the first impression and very useful comments of somebody, who purchased PB301 from CA:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:24 PM
To: 'PocketBookReader'
Subject: impression for PocketBook 301+ ... splendid!

Hi, I received and tried, this is a great device. your firmware is so marvelous.

I have EZ Reader Pocket Pro / Sony PRS-600 / Kindle DX now, what I thought is This is the Top of the products in 6 inch devices. Light Weight, compact, nice software, fine image quality.
The Image reader's speed is impressive.

And I have some requests.

(1) ZIP image reader! (extract ZIP to RAM or internal storage / then run image reader / remember the file number) Japanese like to scan comics by Fujitsu ScanSnap, normally convert to ZIP or PDF.
ScanSnap S1500 is great scanner, it takes only 6-7 minutes to scan one comic.

(2) "Hide Status Bar" or "Minimum status display"(like image reader, just a page number) option.
Please see xxxxx.jpg. Bottom area of 800x600 image PDF is hidden. (This is scanned image of Japanese books)

(3) Font / character matter, for multi byte character
xxxxxxx.jpg is the "Detail" mode, Japanese file name shown on the Icon is broken. (also Japanese file name on the PDF status bar is broken)

best regards!
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
KievNYC
KievNYC began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook301+
I own device since april. All my family has Sony 505. This is much much better:
-folder storage. I'm not limited to 1 level(collection). I puting books in structure
topic/author/sequence/books.
- multiple book format support.
- dictionary support.
Butom line, It's the device with best software on the market as of now.
KievNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by KievNYC View Post
I own device since april. All my family has Sony 505. This is much much better:
-folder storage. I'm not limited to 1 level(collection). I puting books in structure
topic/author/sequence/books.
- multiple book format support.
- dictionary support.
Butom line, It's the device with best software on the market as of now.
Hey, muzhyk, dyakuyu!)) I'm also from Kiev))) It's time for you family to upgrade to PBs)))
Old 10-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
nice to read from folks who like the reader. I am really leaning toward the 360 because I love the design, especially the very well thought out removable front cover as well as the overall size. Yet I am oddly drawn toward the 302...but for me I sense the 360 will be the reader I use for fiction (paperback stuff that I enjoy reading.)

But get that crossword software on the 302 and I am so belong to Pocketbook...hahahaha....

I also enjoy that the device can create a connection betwen people here in the US and a place where folks still value doing a good job, as well as taking pride in producting a good product rather than a "product right now".

Keep on posting the good info!!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #5
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Breck, thanks!
Advert