Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #16
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I'm having big problems trying to load these somewhere-anywhere will do !
I have them on my Copia library, lovely covers,
But when I hit sync to get them, which I gather I should do, I'm asked to enter password. I did it once, told wrong, hit forgot password, was given new one, enter it, told wrong.
Did the whole thing twice, each time was refused. I'm now waiting for it to unlock to have another go !
Any suggestions please?

I've got Calibre or Sony reader.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #17
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Copia is aware that the books cannot be downloaded and they are working on it, as per this response they sent me:
I used the form on the Web site to contact them; got one e-mail acknowleding receipt, another saying my issue would be escalated to tech support, and nothing else.

Still can't download the three Rosetta books.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #18
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I'm having big problems trying to load these somewhere-anywhere will do !
I have them on my Copia library, lovely covers,
But when I hit sync to get them, which I gather I should do, I'm asked to enter password. I did it once, told wrong, hit forgot password, was given new one, enter it, told wrong.
Did the whole thing twice, each time was refused. I'm now waiting for it to unlock to have another go !
Any suggestions please?

I've got Calibre or Sony reader.
Wait.

I had a similar problem last time Copia offered free books and just waited a few hours and the site finally accepted the password.

Also, try entering your e-mail address rather than a username.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:42 AM   #19
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Catlady - will do.....
Old 07-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #20
carpetmojo
Wizard

Unhappy

Nah... still doesn't want to know me ...

But the Fraud section is on to my problem , apparently.........

Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #21
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
It appears to me that three of the new books are in PDF format:
Mute Witness (inspired Bullitt)
The House of Doctor Edwards (Spellbound)
The wheel spins(The Lady Vanishes)
Yes, you appear to be right about this, unfortunately. Let's hope when they sort out the download issue they also switch to epub.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #22
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Has anyone been able to download the three Rosetta books yet? I still can't.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #23
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Catlady,

I just tried and am still getting the sync error. I'm beginning to think (no, I've thought this for a while) that Copia is more trouble than it is worth.
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #24
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookkatz View Post
Catlady,

I just tried and am still getting the sync error. I'm beginning to think (no, I've thought this for a while) that Copia is more trouble than it is worth.
I realize I should be happy to get free books, and I am. But every time they have freebies, I have tons of trouble with the site, and I am less and less likely to ever purchase through Copia because of it.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #25
carpetmojo
Wizard

I've heard nothing from the "Fraud" section yet - in fact nothing from anyone at Copia.
I presume there are people all over the eworld sitting back smugly saying " dunno what they're on about, I never have any trouble"...

Aren't there ? I mean, no good giving things away if no one can get 'em, and saying they'll sort it if they don't....
Or is it ?

COPIA, HELP.....
Old 07-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #26
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

I contacted Copia again yesterday; no response.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #27
carpetmojo
Wizard

Repeat.....

Ditto here, Catlady, not a sniff of a reply/solution/explanation.

Pretty poor do, and very disappointing.

They obviously don't care, and that's not really much of a hook to get me buying anything from them, is it ?
Old 07-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #28
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Previous to this problem I had another issue with a Copia order; I contacted Support and after a couple days of back and forth, I was told "Based on your recent response, we now better understand the problem and we will be escalating your latest information to the tech department." That was on June 20; I'm still waiting on a response.

Being the present issue pertains to free books I'm not stressing but with this type of service and support, they won't be getting any of this chica's hard-earned money anytime soon.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:38 AM   #29
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Still no syncing, so the software is sunk. It's gone from my computer, and I'm done with Copia.
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #30
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

I had what I thought was a bright idea to pry the darn books loose from Copia.

I installed the Copia software on a different computer, used an alternate e-mail address, and created a new account. Put the books in the cart, checked out, synced, and then ... they still wouldn't download.

So in case anyone else has the same idea, it's probably not worth the bother.

Tags
copia, deals, epub, free books, nook