Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The Last Boy: Mickey Mantle and the End of America's Childhood

The Last Boy: Mickey Mantle and the End of America's Childhood (Kindle Edition with Audio/Video)

...er...well....it's free

what a space wasting piece of junk, it is over 7 megs (i assume because of the so-called audio/video) and the included audio/video doesn't work.

sigh
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
The Last Boy: Mickey Mantle and the End of America's Childhood (Kindle Edition with Audio/Video)

...er...well....it's free

what a space wasting piece of junk, it is over 7 megs (i assume because of the so-called audio/video) and the included audio/video doesn't work.

sigh
well i went back and carefully re-examined the page where i ordered this book and found this (as a popup bubble) 'Kindle Edition with Audio/Video - Audio/Video content only available for iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touch' devices. while looking for the page where i ordered it from (cost=$0) i also found this page (cost=$12.99). i find this whole situation hard to believe. maybe the video should also work on k4pc?

also, there seems to be little interest (none) for this thread.

oh well!
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
...there seems to be little interest (none) for this thread.
ok....this will be my last post in this really [un]popular thread.

i sent the file to alf who sent me back a txt file in which i edited out all content except the actual text, then made an epub out of that (with a toc) and finally made the epub into a mobi. final results, azw=7,332 kb, mobi=762 kb.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
all's well that ends well.
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote