Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
arnoldajr
arnoldajr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
Smile How to change way Calibre sorts and manages collections

IGNORE this post sent to wrong Forum.

Greetings to all. I am in my late 60's and new to using e-books. I have tried to read and understand collection and sort orders for book both in the computer library and on my Sony PRS600. I failed and now need help. My needs are very simple. I want the sort order for both devices to be "Author series(if one) and Series #" That is my first need.

My more important need is how collections are handled on the PRS600. When I transferred a series to the reader I created some 49 different collections from two series( Robert Jordon Wheel of time, and Alan Dean Fosters Pip and Flinx Series). I expected to have only two collections to show up on my reader (Flinx and Pip, and Wheel of time) not the 49 that i got. my question is how can i set up the defaults to only create collections based on Series if there is one.

Last edited by arnoldajr; 02-22-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: IGNORE this post sent to wrong Forum.
arnoldajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi arnoldajr and welcome to MobileRead. If you click on Author, the Calibre DB will reorganize by author. If this doesn't help you might try posting your question on the Calibre foruwm
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ....pop into here for solutions ...
Calibre Forum ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to Mobileread
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote