KRorschachZ
Update
KRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litter

Device: kindle DX graphite, we need update/firmware with optios PDF Kindle 3
Chess it´s here. I see this now...

chessing¡¡¡

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KACWZW

chessing¡¡¡

see good. I don´t know what level is max.... on elo. but it´s beatifull.

it´s enormus ... clic here:

Spoiler:

3,25 $ buys

¿what´s it´s the level?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ajedrez kindle dx screen_shot-44124.GIF
Views:	346
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	66452  
KRorschachZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
So I take it you're happy?

I'm surprised it took so long myself.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #3
KRorschachZ
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
So I take it you're happy?

I'm surprised it took so long myself.
ohh yes. Superhappy... ;-)

the last phrase... uhmm ? see you programer ?

Last edited by KRorschachZ; 02-10-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I lost on Level 5 with a 5 minute game. I usually play 60 0 games on the Internet Chess Club with a 1350 rating.

Its fascinating how they got this for the Kindle.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
KRorschachZ
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I lost on Level 5 with a 5 minute game. I usually play 60 0 games on the Internet Chess Club with a 1350 rating.

Its fascinating how they got this for the Kindle.
yeap....

I will test on 10~15 minutes.

It´s the first version, I hope that this permite other do some things interesting...

Quote:
And on the chess:

problems, games, tours, ;-) future...

Last edited by KRorschachZ; 02-10-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
wish I could get this in Canada...
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:08 AM   #7
sereniteit
sereniteit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
why only in US?

I concur with bZkindle - why is it only available to the US? Where do these stupid restrictions come from?

You can call it author's restrictions, you can call it whatever you want, I call it plain and utter discrimination!

Amazon wants to be global? Then Amazon needs to treat people equally everywhere.

All that aside, the Kindle remains a wonderful thing
sereniteit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:40 AM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Unfortunately, no way to save the moves from a game. At the least they could have had a menu option to display the entire move list (or as many as could fit on the screen at a time) that you could take a screenshot of. Guess you could screenshot after every 4 black moves, but that's a bit lame. It would be especially cool (but weird) if you could export the move list to 'my clippings.txt'..

Seems they could have optimized the piece and move selection, e.g. with keyboard shortcuts of some sort. It's annoying not to have a way to move the cursor diagonally. For example, the keys surrounding 'S' could be an alternate cursor navigation facility, where Q moves up-left, Z down-right, X down, S selects, etc. Then you could use two fingers, etc. to move more quickly.

Well, but it's $2.99. I will be pitting against Shredder on my iPod Touch...
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #9
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can save ongoing games !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Unfortunately, no way to save the moves from a game
If you hit the Home key from a game in progress, the game is saved with the current time settings, elapsed time and position. When you return to the application, just hit "resume" and it starts where you left off.

Thus, one could start a game one day and continue it the next. I like that for a 30 minute game per side.

I think the game is phenomenal for just $ 3.00. A dedicated device for this purpose would have cost $ 100 just 10 years ago.

I'd like to see this application continue to be improved by its developer with even more features. Its a sure sales winner. It is also a definite international product. I'm suprised some have complained here they cannot buy it outside the US.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
KRorschachZ
Update

Quote:
If you hit the Home key from a game in progress, the game is saved with the current time settings, elapsed time and position. When you return to the application, just hit "resume" and it starts where you left off.

Thus, one could start a game one day and continue it the next. I like that for a 30 minute game per side.

I think the game is phenomenal for just $ 3.00. A dedicated device for this purpose would have cost $ 100 just 10 years ago.

I'd like to see this application continue to be improved by its developer with even more features. Its a sure sales winner. It is also a definite international product. I'm suprised some have complained here they cannot buy it outside the US.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #11
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Awesome, I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Edit: from reading the reviews, there's no opening book, and it's not very strong. That gives me definite second thoughts.

Last edited by carld; 02-11-2011 at 08:38 PM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #12
sirmaru
Wizard

Level 5 beats 1350 ELO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Awesome, I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Edit: from reading the reviews, there's no opening book, and it's not very strong. That gives me definite second thoughts.
I lost two games to it on Level 5 and I have an ELO at the Internet Chess Club for Standard Games of 1350.

I'll be dropping to Level 4 for the next game. It's highest Level is at 10.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #13
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
just 10 years ago.
All new tech rapidly decreases in price in the first several years because of newer technology and what not (with the exception of those stupid Graphing Calculators..)
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:01 AM   #14
Ticallion
Connoisseur
Ticallion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Coming from a below average player, the engine on this game is pretty tough. Even on Fritz and Chessmaster, on low difficulty settings they make many more mistakes. No such luck here from what I noticed after a couple games. Either that or I'm extremely rusty.
Ticallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #15
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I lost two games to it on Level 5 and I have an ELO at the Internet Chess Club for Standard Games of 1350.

I'll be dropping to Level 4 for the next game. It's highest Level is at 10.
I had a USCF rating of about 1800, and I've won against levels 1-5 so far. It's not bad, but given the really strong chess engines freely available, I'm surprised it's not better. Maybe there are hardware constraints.

You can reach a winning position against the program by playing like this. So far it plays into this line every time.

1. e4 d5 2. exd5 Qxd5 3. Nc3 Qe6+ 4. Be2 Qg6 5. Nf3 Qxg2 6. Rg1 Qh3 7. d4 Nc6 8. Nb5 Qd7 9. Bf4 Nf6 10. Nxc7+ Kd8 11. Nxa8 e6
carld is offline   Reply With Quote