Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
pitolee
Connoisseur
pitolee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Book Designer - Font size change?

In some of my documents there are small sections that I would like to show up in a font-size a bit smaller than the standard paragraph size (which I've set to 11pt).

Is there a way in BD to change font sizes WITHIN a paragraph? or to set a smaller/larger font size for an individual paragraph/sentence/word/letter?
pitolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:43 AM   #2
pitolee
Connoisseur

Answering my own question - Configuration/Fonts/FontSize

Excellent! I'm LOVING BookDesigner! Thanks for all the work.
Advert
Old 04-19-2007, 01:59 AM   #3
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitolee
Answering my own question - Configuration/Fonts/FontSize

Excellent! I'm LOVING BookDesigner! Thanks for all the work.
Are you sure, because I tried it and then it doesn't show up in the LRF.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:13 AM   #4
pitolee
Connoisseur

Oops.. no. It doesn't work. I found it and tried it and it looked ok in book designer - but when I saved as RTF or when I saved it as LRF - no difference. My Mistake!

So, the original question still stands:

Is there a way in BD to change font sizes WITHIN a paragraph? or to set a smaller/larger font size for an individual paragraph/sentence/word/letter?
Old 04-19-2007, 04:32 AM   #5
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
You can try using the "verse" format and specify how that one renders when compiled.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2007, 05:04 AM   #6
pitolee
Connoisseur

Yes, I've started using cite and annotation, but I was wondering if there was a way to increase or decrease font-size independently of element... Say within a paragraph, for a larger initial cap - just for example.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I don't think so, it seems to deal with all 'paragraph' text the same, according to whatever option is set on the second tab of the 'make LRF' box.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
That's what I think too. With BD, each element within the book has specific export settings, so when you say something is of element type: paragraph, it gets transformed in the final output to whatever settings you have set for that element; same for title, sub-title, verse, etc.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #9
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
Are you sure, because I tried it and then it doesn't show up in the LRF.
A local font support for the lrf converter is not activated. To do it I have to develop proper algorithms allowing to override some contradictions, but it will be done with time...
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
See, this is why you rock, vvv!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #11
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
See, this is why you rock, vvv!
Hear Hear!
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:41 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv
A local font support for the lrf converter is not activated. To do it I have to develop proper algorithms allowing to override some contradictions, but it will be done with time...
Awesome! I can't wait till BD does it all!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:38 AM   #13
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have been able to get italic to work for a single letter, word, or phrase within a paragraph while the rest stayed normal.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:42 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Changing the "style" of the font to italic, underline, etc, seems to work OK. Changing the font itself doesn't appear to. This could, perhaps, also be the cause of the problem I've reported in a separate thread of being unable to display monospaced text by setting a "style" to use the Courier font.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote