Notices

Old 02-01-2023, 01:10 PM   #31
Docno
Connoisseur
Docno has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpuccio87 View Post
Is it just me, or has the plugin stopped working?
Anyway, thanks for your work!
Yep, it seems to have stopped working. Guess I will have to figure out the Goodreads plugin. Too bad - I'm a creature of habit when it comes to such things...
Docno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 04:48 PM   #32
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
The original goodreads plugin is now capable to retrieve decimal ratings, so there is no need for this plugin anymore.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2023, 08:36 PM   #33
anoukaimee
Enthusiast
anoukaimee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara, Pixel 6 (Moon Reader/Calibre Companion), Amazon Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarrthekean View Post
Thanks to Pr.BarnArt for this excellent plugin. Truly helped in keeping my library nicely curated.

Given that the original goodreads plugin now supports the decimal rating, and Pr.BarnArt's comment about sunsetting this (Goodreads_rating) plugin, I'd like to avoid rescraping my entire library with Goodreads just to get the rating.

is there a relatively painless way to copy the Goodreads_rating values into the Goodreads plugin rating field? I took a quick look at the API, and the sqlite schema, and I'm not familiar enough yet to roll my own method.

Anyone done this? Or have guidance on where to start? I figured the source for both plugins would be my next step.
I'm wondering the same--how to combine the ratings with those in my ratings column?
anoukaimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 12:21 PM   #34
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoukaimee View Post
I'm wondering the same--how to combine the ratings with those in my ratings column?

Sorry, I missed the previous posts, but I like the question.
being not an expert in sqlite, i will give it a try for windows.
  1. First of all you have to download sqlite3 from the official SQLite website

2. Download the file (sqlite-tools-win32-x86-3270200.zip) as shown in the figure below and extract these files in a folder of your choice.

3. Copy sqlite3.exe to the directory of your calibre library.
    In my case it is: e:\ebooks

4. In that directory make a copy of the metadata.db
    (for safety reason, in case of errors you can rename the copy back to metadata.db)
  5. Now open a command window: cmd (in search/windows key)

6. Navigate to the library directory (step 3)
    in my case
    e: +return(for the drive)
    cd ebooks +return ( for the directory)

7. The command prompt now shows the drive and directory

8. In the command window type:
    sqlite3 metadata.db + return

9. he prompt changes to sqlite.
    We have to find the custom column for gr_ratings.
    type:
    select * from custom_columns; +return (don't forget the ; at the end of the command)

10. The results ( see image) shows that gr_ratings is number 42. The first number in the row with gr_rating.
    The number for you will be different.
  11. I presume you have already made the custom columns for the orginal goodreads plugin: grrating en grvotes.

12. We only will copy the rating info for books, that have no rating from the orginal goodreads-plugin.
    Edit the following lines of code: replace custom_column_42 with custom_column_NR (the number of your column in step 10)

Code:
    INSERT INTO identifiers (book, type,val)
    SELECT c.book,'grrating', c.value
    FROM custom_column_42 AS c
    WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1
                      FROM identifiers AS Ident
                      WHERE Ident.book = c.book and Ident.type='grrating');
  13. Copy and paste the edited code in the command window + return;

14. If all is OK, you can close the command window;

15. When you start calibre, You wil see that the rating of the goodreads-rating plugin is added to the identifiers of the book and is shown in the grrating column.
  16. If the database is broken, you can rename the copy of the databse back to metadata.db

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 10-22-2023 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-23-2023, 01:29 PM   #35
Pachuqismo
Enthusiast
Pachuqismo began at the beginning.

Device: SM-T820, Galaxy S7
@Pr.BarnArt

I'm clearly off track. I thought I had to first:

1. Modify the Goodreads (1.7.9) by Grant Drake plugin ticking Get precise rating into 'grrating' identifier

2. Define a new custom column to display the new 'grrating' but I don't get the option of 'composite' as shown in line 44. Consequently, my listing only shows the old 'gr1' (i.e. float).

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers.
Pachuqismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2023, 02:51 PM   #36
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuqismo View Post
@Pr.BarnArt

I'm clearly off track. I thought I had to first:

1. Modify the Goodreads (1.7.9) by Grant Drake plugin ticking Get precise rating into 'grrating' identifier

2. Define a new custom column to display the new 'grrating' but I don't get the option of 'composite' as shown in line 44. Consequently, my listing only shows the old 'gr1' (i.e. float).

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers.
for the goodreads-plugin and the creating of custom columns for that, you better look overhere
In my screenshot the new grrating has got the number 44( is not a linenumber), meaning it will be custom_column_44 in the database. But you dont have to worry about that, bevcause that column will be filled by the indentifier. For the original goodreads plugin you can create that column within Calibre. See the link.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 10-23-2023 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-24-2023, 10:28 AM   #37
Pachuqismo
Enthusiast
Pachuqismo began at the beginning.

Device: SM-T820, Galaxy S7
@Pr.BarnArt

Thanks - will check it out!
Pachuqismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 01:28 PM   #38
Pachuqismo
Enthusiast