Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
djloewen
Connoisseur
djloewen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Can I preserve the original .rtf layout?

Hello there, I'm sure this information is somewhere here already but 10 minutes of searching has turned up nothing.

I've got some ebooks in .rtf format that are laid out exactly how I like in terms of indentation, paragraphing, blank lines, etc. Can I use calibre to convert them (to lrf or epub, I'd be happy with either) and NOT have it reformat the book with its own auto-indentation/auto-spacing?
djloewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, you cant.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
henry
henry began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
If they're rtf files, can't the Sony Reader view them basically as is? Or am I missing something?
henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
You're missing something, I'm afraid. Calibre does make a complete conversion of the rtf format.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote