Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
LarryB
LarryB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, NOOK Glow Plus, Kobo Aura
Unhappy PRS-T1: Can not delete, add, or factory reset

Although the older thread "PRS-T1 Can't root/un-root/use SD Rescue/boot into Recovery Console" discusses the same issues as this thread I thought I would start a new one in hopes someone has resolved these issues but might not be aware of the older thread. In my case:
As noted by others in this thread my PRS-T1 (not rooted, ver 1.0.05.11130) reads on device ebooks fine but will not delete books from the delete menu. Although it appears to make the deletions, they reappear on a power off. The same phenomenon occurs with a factory reset using the button press process. The reset looks like it is doing something but a power off and reboot shows all books still present. Same situation with a device initiated format, the reboot retains all books. Finally, connecting the PRS-T1 to a computer appears to allow books to be dragged-and-dropped (my preferred book addition method since it has always worked till now) onto the device(no uSD card in use). A reboot show no additional added books, just the original number before the attempted deletion. I tried using the Wiki discussed process for "Fix filesystem errors and bad blocks" and Putty. Running e2fsck shows no errors with /dev/mmcblk2p10, /dev/mmcblk2p6, nor /dev/mmcblk2p8 but for /dev/mmcblk2p9 I always receive the message "recovering journal; unable to set superblock flag on data". Finally, I tried the alternate superblock at 8193 on /dev/mmcblk2p9 with the same result.
Does anyone know how I might resolve the situation.

Mucho Thanks,
LarryB

Last edited by LarryB; 01-04-2017 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Icon change, Reader type
LarryB is offline   Reply With Quote