Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-20-2021, 05:29 AM   #1
ElliottCaleb
ElliottCaleb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Page numbering for apple books?

Hello all, I have this problem that's bothered me for days on end.
I am compiling a book of song lyrics in reflowable epub 3 format. Each song is structured like a poem and has its own xhtml file. Each song is therefore a chapter in itself. My target devices are IOS devices and in particular, using the inbuilt Books app. What bugs me is that Books assigns it's own page numbers according to the screen size. What I would prefer is that 1file=1chapter=1song=1page. I prefer this because the songs are also numbered (as you will see in the attached epub) and conflict with the page number. How can I override/guide the Books numbering according to my requirement.

I'm working in Calibre on windows10

Thank you for your time and help.
ElliottCaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:53 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottCaleb View Post
How can I override/guide the Books numbering according to my requirement.
You'll need to add page break targets to the HTML files and add a page-list section with links to these targets to the Nav document.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:47 PM   #3
ElliottCaleb
ElliottCaleb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottCaleb View Post
Hello all, I have this problem that's bothered me for days on end.
I am compiling a book of song lyrics in reflowable epub 3 format. Each song is structured like a poem and has its own xhtml file. Each song is therefore a chapter in itself. My target devices are IOS devices and in particular, using the inbuilt Books app. What bugs me is that Books assigns it's own page numbers according to the screen size. What I would prefer is that 1file=1chapter=1song=1page. I prefer this because the songs are also numbered (as you will see in the attached epub)192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l
and conflict with the page number. How can I override/guide the Books numbering according to my requirement.

I'm working in Calibre on windows10

Thank you for your time and help.
issue got solvedd
ElliottCaleb is offline   Reply With Quote