Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-21-2020, 12:07 PM   #91
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
  • Updated to v1.4.0.0
    • Export highlights to csv is now supported (in GUI and CLI), using tabs as separators and double quotes ["] as text qualifiers.
    • Selecting the exported file type/mode is done with popup questions.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 04:46 AM   #92
MagnaNime
MagnaNime began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2 | Kobo Glo Hd
Hi @embrio, a huge thanks for your work and the new version ! Unfortunately, the .exe version seems not working well, or at least not like you announced it : I d’ont see " and comma (or semicolon) to separate the fields.
MagnaNime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:50 AM   #93
MagnaNime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNime View Post
Hi @embrio, a huge thanks for your work and the new version ! Unfortunately, the .exe version seems not working well, or at least not like you announced it : I d’ont see " and comma (or semicolon) to separate the fields.
Sorry, I wanted to say tabs and not comma or semicolon double ["] are still missed
Old 12-23-2020, 08:30 PM   #94
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

@MagnaNime Well, I just test it and it seems to work OK.
You did select the .csv file type in the file selector and not the .txt, right?

Also, it would be easier for me to track the problem if you opened an issue at the github page of the app, so I can be notified for your messages the moment you send them..

Edit: Keep in mind that the double quotes are added only if needed, not on every value..

Last edited by embryo; 12-23-2020 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:56 AM   #95
MagnaNime

Ok, thank you for your answer Yes I have selected the csv type file. I will do more tests and if necessary, use github. Many Thanks.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:42 PM   #96
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Huge thanks for this very useful software.

Would be nice for Linux users to have it packaged as a Flatpak on Flathub.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:38 PM   #97
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
Huge thanks for this very useful software.

Would be nice for Linux users to have it packaged as a Flatpak on Flathub.
As I also wrote on GitHub:
"My main problem is that I know close to nothing about Linux and its distribution system.
To create the Linux version of the app I use XUbuntu in a virtual machine and that's the extend of my knowledge.
OTOH, if someone could use the source to create the package and maintain it, I would really appreciate it..."
Old 01-03-2021, 10:40 PM   #98
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@embryo: At a very quick glance, the tree is still missing the (source) image resources to be able to actually build it from source .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:38 PM   #99
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
As I also wrote on GitHub:
"My main problem is that I know close to nothing about Linux and its distribution system.
To create the Linux version of the app I use XUbuntu in a virtual machine and that's the extend of my knowledge.
OTOH, if someone could use the source to create the package and maintain it, I would really appreciate it..."
The app is pretty neat!

Some of their libraries are a bit old (pyside/qt4) which makes packaging the program a bit of a mess and results in a big package, which is usually cool for windows users, as most of their packages include yet another bundled copy of a library available elsewhere, but a PITA to package elsewhere.

it would be awesome to port the code to Qt5.7 (the last one that runs on XP), that way the app could be targeted for any kind of OS without too much trouble.

Yep, I know, too much work.
Feel free to ping me if you consider it some day, I would like to help
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:04 PM   #100
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@pazos: There's a PySide 2 build, but it's wholly unclear given what's in the actual source tree, which was kind of my point ^^.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:59 PM   #101
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@pazos: There's a PySide 2 build, but it's wholly unclear given what's in the actual source tree, which was kind of my point ^^.
@NiLuJe This "unclear" I don't understand. The code is for PySide 2.
I tested it in windows and Linux with whatever version I could find (5.13.2 in windows, can't remember the Linux version)
I did upload the ui files on GitHub although the point was to do everything by script (I had to copy them manually)
I don't use the original images in the building process (use the images_rc.py), so I have to copy them by hand and check at every build if something is changed.
Don't like it, but if its essential, I guess I could do it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Some of their libraries are a bit old (pyside/qt4) which makes packaging the program a bit of a mess and results in a big package, which is usually cool for windows users, as most of their packages include yet another bundled copy of a library available elsewhere, but a PITA to package elsewhere.
Is 27Mb a big package? The PySide2 version I build once to test, was a lot bigger..

Quote:
it would be awesome to port the code to Qt5.7 (the last one that runs on XP), that way the app could be targeted for any kind of OS without too much trouble.
The current release version does run on XP.
Actually, this is the reason I keep using Python 2.7
Is there a reason to use Pyside 2 (or Qt5), any specific advantage?

As it is, KOHighlights runs on all windows versions (including XP - x86/x64), all Linux distributions that are compatible with Ubuntu (from v16 and up - x64) and every system that has Python 2/PySide or Python 3/PySide 2.

What's missing, are releases for MacOS and the rest of the Linux distributions.
Is there anything I can do about that?
I know almost nothing about these platforms (I usually use Virtual Images).
Any help is appreciated..

Phew, not used to such big posts..
Old 01-05-2021, 03:12 AM   #102
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Is 27Mb a big package? The PySide2 version I build once to test, was a lot bigger.
In a sense, but I wouldn't worry about it. On typical Linux the Qt and PySide would be a shared dependency, so the actual package would be only 1-2 megabytes.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:12 AM   #103
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
In a sense, but I wouldn't worry about it. On typical Linux the Qt and PySide would be a shared dependency, so the actual package would be only 1-2 megabytes.
Fair enough. But then you have to be lucky enough about the installed versions
Since I don't know, what happens if a package needs a newer version of a library and this version breaks another package?
Old 01-05-2021, 09:15 AM   #104
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Some widely used libraries exist in multiple versions, but eventually it can also lead to package removal if the maintainer doesn't update it. For better or worse that's what the AppImage/snap/flatpak stuff is all about, to provide a more Windows-like experience.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:00 AM   #105
notStanislaw
Lem'me write a user title
notStanislaw began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Regardless of whether the libraries used are old or not, I just got it working and I'm very grateful for your efforts to make this tool, it helps my pragmatic thesis writing workflow. Thank you very much!
Is there a way people can buy you a drink?
notStanislaw is offline   Reply With Quote