Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Reading metadata on Sony Reader

I tried searching for this but was unsuccessful. I have a lot of fanfiction loaded onto my 505 through Calibre. Under the metadata, is an info section where I put the story synopsis, which I can read when the book is highlighted in the Calibre library.
My question is, is it possible to read this blurb on the Sony and if so, how do I make sure that it is on the Sony?
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
Under the metadata, is an info section where I put the story synopsis, which I can read when the book is highlighted in the Calibre library.
My question is, is it possible to read this blurb on the Sony and if so, how do I make sure that it is on the Sony?
The only way to view it on your reader is, during conversion, to use the Insert metadata as page at start of book feature. This can be found in Preferences - Conversion - Structure Detection area, just check the box during conversion. This will insert the metadata page as the first page just past the cover.

See attached for an example of what this feature produces.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metadata_page_insert_example.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	55771  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 05:10 AM   #3
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Another way might be to create the catalog. The blurb is included on the individual book pages. Works for me.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sorry, it took so long to get back to this but RL got in the way.

Dwanthny: I forgot to mention that the files are RTF and therefore, aren't converted in anyway, so will changing the preferences work?

banjomike: What do you mean by creating a catalog? And which individual book pages do you mean?
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:34 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Dwanthny: I forgot to mention that the files are RTF and therefore, aren't converted in anyway, so will changing the preferences work?
The only way to get the book jacket I mentioned into the book is by converting the book. Perhaps creating a separate catalog of your books is the best way.

Quote:
banjomike: What do you mean by creating a catalog? And which individual book pages do you mean?
The book pages referred to are just like the image I attached previously. If you go to the drop down arrow to the right of the Convert Books icon there is an option to create catalog of books in your calibre library. Using this option you create a epub book that has a record of all of your library books in it complete with a table of contents and the "story synopsis" or book jacket as referred to previously for each book in your library.

Create a catalog of your books and check it out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 06:06 AM   #6
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
The Calibre catalog is found by clicking on the arrow next to the convert button.

Each book in your Calibre library gets its own page in the catalog which will look a bit like the jpg attached.

You don't get ALL the metadata. No ISBN, ratings, tags, collections, or file formats. Mainly the summary and cover art.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	catalog.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	55988  

Last edited by banjomike; 08-01-2010 at 06:45 AM.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, metadata, sony