Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #31
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyng View Post
Hi,
I am trying to download a book from the library here but I am unable to do so.I can download to my computer,I right click on it & send to my kindle but I never can find it.Yes I have pluged in my usb cable & have my wireless on.What am I doing worng??????
You just need to drag and drop the book file from your computer to the documents folder on your Kindle (when connected with the USB cable).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #32
Marilyng
Marilyng began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
ok,thank u!
Marilyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 05:02 AM   #33
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
Tips to Search the Guide?

Hi Grandma and everyone!

The Download Guide is hugely exciting!!!

The mobi file opens without a glitch on the Kindle DX.
For some reason, when I try to search inside the file ("find" function), the Kindle says that it is not possible as the "file is not indexed".

I wonder if anyone would have any tips about how to navigate inside the file on Kindle, as browsing alphabetically is a little hard for such a huge file?

Warmest wishes from Australia,

Andy
playful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:32 AM   #34
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I don't have a Kindle, so I'm not too sure what's going on - but first thoughts would suggest that what you have is purely a list generated by the download process ?

One of the mods may know more ... be patient ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #35
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Thanks GeoffC... Think I just came across the answer... LOL

Quote:
it takes some time for the Kindle to fully index the document for searching after it has downloaded.
Source: this thread

Smiles,

Andy
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #36
playful
Mammal

Update: Actually, the question stands... I wait for the Kindle DX to index the file... After a while, the DX screen saver comes on, the unit has gone to sleep. I turn it back on, and the file is still not searchable (not indexed).

Smiles,

Andy
Old 10-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #37
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by playful View Post
Update: Actually, the question stands... I wait for the Kindle DX to index the file... After a while, the DX screen saver comes on, the unit has gone to sleep. I turn it back on, and the file is still not searchable (not indexed).

Smiles,

Andy
okay, perhaps the file is too large to index before it 'goes to sleep' - can you stop it sleeping .... ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #38
playful
Mammal

Hi GeoffC,

Quote:
can you stop it sleeping .... ?
Yes, if I keep turning pages... LOL... Will have to try that. Haven't been reading today.
Also perhaps if I let it plugged in to the USB. Not sure, testing now. Will report on findings.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #39
playful
Mammal

Indexing Mobile Library on Kindle

Update:

1. The Kindle swithes off even when it's plugged in to USB in "eject" mode. You have to turn it back on a few times to let it finish the job.
2. After I turned it back on about three times, it did finish indexing.

So the mobile library is loaded on my Kindle and searchable. Yay! How cool to be able to search a keyword on the device, select a book, click it and see it appear in the library!

Thank you to all the wonderful people who make this magic possible.

Cheers,

Andy
Old 11-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #40
Wait_For_It
Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.Wait_For_It can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire
Is there anyway to filter the books by country's permission? Every time I find a book I want to download, it's under copyright in the US.

Thanks!
Wait_For_It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #41
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Is there a way to search for books uploaded by a particular person?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #42
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Is there a way to search for books uploaded by a particular person?
I had never tried this, but I found that an advanced forum search works.

In the top blue bar, click on "Search" then "Advanced Search".

When the page opens, type in the member name whose ebook uploads you are searching for in the "Search by User Name" box.

Then scroll down to "Search in Forum(s)" and click on the forum "E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library" or just click on the format that you would like to use, i.e., "ePub Books".

Scroll down and click "Search Now".

A new page opens with the list.

I hope this helps.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #43
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Oh, perfect. Thank you!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #44
8annika.yael
Enthusiast
8annika.yael doesn't litter8annika.yael doesn't litter8annika.yael doesn't litter

Device: none
no new goodies?

it was worth a try.
8annika.yael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #45
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8annika.yael View Post

it was worth a try.
Huh?? New books are added nearly every day. What are you looking for?
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote