Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 01:23 PM   #1
2scre
Zealot
2scre began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
My books not appearing in Kindle for Mac

I have books that weren't purchased. I downloaded the free ePub files and converted it to .mobi, and used send it to Kindle to use it on Phone apps. The books appear on the phones, but not on Kindle for Mac. Only those books provided by the Kindle store appears on Kindle for Mac. Is there anyway the books that were put in my Kindle cloud through send to kindle app could be shown on Kindle for Mac?

I wish I could see the highlights I made in the book on a larger screen. On the iBook app on the iPhone, even if the ePub files I put on there were not through the iBooks store, I could see it on the iBooks for Mac.

Also another thing is that if the book is long, the list of highlights becomes very long and the scroll bar becomes really small, and makes it hard to navigate.

I wish they made it so that if the page where you can see your highlights are too long, you can break it down so that the highlight page has 10 horizontal bars where if you tap on the first bar, it would show the first 10 percent of highlights and the 2nd bar would should the next 10 percent of highlights.
2scre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:35 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kindle for Mac does not work with Documents (Send to Kindle). It will open your converted books, but there will be no sync of notes (as with iBooks).

For long list of highlights I think one needs a Search function to find something so you are not infinitely scrolling.

Note that you can Export the list as an email attachment with Kindle for iOS.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2017, 11:25 AM   #3
2scre
Zealot
2scre began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Note that you can Export the list as an email attachment with Kindle for iOS.
I see that you can do the same on Android as well.

Is there any e-book app where the books you put in will sync with other devices (meaning the ePub books you have manually inserted in one device will show up in another device if you log in) besides iBooks?
2scre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #4
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scre View Post
I see that you can do the same on Android as well.

Is there any e-book app where the books you put in will sync with other devices (meaning the ePub books you have manually inserted in one device will show up in another device if you log in) besides iBooks?
Unfortunately, none that syncs between mobile devices and the Mac...
(In Germany, there is tolino which you should be able to register an account for from abroad. However, their reading apps are not what I would call refined software, their pc and mac app is cloud based and there is no way to get your notes out)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote