Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-24-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
JosephWebber
Enthusiast
JosephWebber began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PW, PW3, Nook HD+
Kindle-KOReader

I have just installed Duokan 2014 on my Paperwhite 1 without jailbreaking; no problems so far and it reads epubs so I'm happy.
I know what your views are on Duokan so I have three questions on KOReader.
1 Can I install it without jailbreaking (because I really don't want to jailbreak my Kindle)?
2 Apart from the ethical issues, what are the feature advantages of KOReader over Duokan?
3 Duokan's documentation is practically nonexistent. Is there any comprehensive documentation on KOReader including shortcuts etc?
Many thanks.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-02-2016 at 04:51 PM.
JosephWebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
  1. No. Duokan includes its own jailbreak and jailbreak certificate -- whatever reason you have for not wanting to jailbreak applies there too. But you will have to re-jailbreak as KOReader uses the standard MobileRead combined developer keystore, and Duokan uses the Duokan private keystore.
  2. I don't know, but I believe they do more than just an EPUB reader.
  3. Take a look at the official KOReader Wiki: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert