Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
linzjay
linzjay began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T1
all book disappear!!!

HI.
Last night I came across a problem.I transfered a txt book to a epub one and then sent it to my T1 using calibre.It went smoothly.And I could read it on my T1.But after several transformations,all the books in my T1 disappear while the books did exist in the T1.How weird it was!!!

I tried to restore factory settings but I found that it made no sense.I cannot find any books that have copied into my T1.

How can I do?
linzjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
You looked into the files on the T1 using Windows Explorer, and there were no book files there?

If you can find your books that way, perhaps delete that book that you converted from the .txt format.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
linzjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
You looked into the files on the T1 using Windows Explorer, and there were no book files there?

If you can find your books that way, perhaps delete that book that you converted from the .txt format.
I can find all the books on the T1 using Windows Explorer.But the problem is that I cannot read books on the T1 for there is no any books displayed on the screen.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
How did you send them to the T1?

Did you select the ePubs and select "Send to Device" then "Main Memory" or did you "Save to Disk" and send it to the T1 drive?

If you chose "Send to Device" it should recognize them. I don't think it will if you "Save to Disk" because, IIRC, the Sony's won't recognize regular files.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
linzjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
How did you send them to the T1?

Did you select the ePubs and select "Send to Device" then "Main Memory" or did you "Save to Disk" and send it to the T1 drive?

If you chose "Send to Device" it should recognize them. I don't think it will if you "Save to Disk" because, IIRC, the Sony's won't recognize regular files.
I selected “ Send to Deveice”.Not only the epubs,but also all the formats including txts and pdfs cannot display on the device.But they actually exist in the device.I can find them through PC.
Why restore factory settings cannot solve the prolem?What else can I do? thx...
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the files are in the right format, and in the right place, then I'm not sure why the T1 wouldn't be able to see them. Sorry I couldn't help more.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I believe that deleting the database on the T1 will force the T1 to build a new one and all of your books will be back. Get a second opinion though.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
linzjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
If the files are in the right format, and in the right place, then I'm not sure why the T1 wouldn't be able to see them. Sorry I couldn't help more.
what do you mean by saying in the right place?where should I put the books?
Old 06-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #9
linzjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I believe that deleting the database on the T1 will force the T1 to build a new one and all of your books will be back. Get a second opinion though.

Helen
Done!!!I just deleted the database on the reader and the sd card.All the books appear!!!
Thank you very much
Old 06-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #10
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by linzjay View Post
Done!!!I just deleted the database on the reader and the sd card.All the books appear!!!
Thank you very much
Welcome
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:08 AM   #11
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Good to know that solution worked!
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #12
DuskyRose
Guru

Glad to know what worked!