Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #61
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
I do also have a donated ftp server from a helpful member of the edge community. if any developer needs the space for exclusive means of development let me know. this is non ads space very good.
Regarding edit you may need more posts I think. or a mod to enable you?!
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #62
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

BTW. Javese have you identified the unique files that makes this device different from other androids? My first PE was borked without entourage recovery working and my device is a dumb android only without eink. any suggestions on where to look?
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #63
vicinc
Guru

also, just an idea. The fbreader was modified for Alex Reader by a Russian developer I posted a modified English version under the Alex thread. Any luck this fbreader could be modified for Edge as is much better, more formats are supported? the fbreader works on a large variety of eink devices including Nook original one.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:47 AM   #64
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
lcd2eink 0.1.3 released.
added feature:use reader app switcher key to trigger a capture.(sorry Filark).

how to use:
1.install lcd2eink;
2.launch lcd2eink;
3.check "Use Reader App Switcher Key";
4.Use Reader App Switcher Key to trigger a capture.

enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LCD2Eink_0.1.3.zip (29.3 KB, 273 views)
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:05 AM   #65
vicinc
Guru

wow. wow. wow. this app is becoming better and better by the day. we should donate javese for his efforts if you have a paypal account I am ready. you should add it to your signature.
Javese also discovered how to use the eink side buttons and remap them. This guys rocks.
As a suggestion now. Under automatic capture can you change so we can edit the time between 2 captures?
MoonReader work fine with this.
I loaded moon reader on the lcd android.
made the fonts bigger than standard. than set the margins to 25.
than press the apps button to sincronize. a swipe on the lcd changes the pages, then press app button. it is really cool.

Last edited by vicinc; 08-04-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Advert
Old 08-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #66
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
Javese,
Thank you so much for sharing your work on this. This is a great app and makes my Pocket Edge even better.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #67
good153
Enthusiast
good153 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Javese, thanks very much for your wonderful job.
good153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:54 AM   #68
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
could it be possible that we may be able to even send pressure information from the wacom?
That's a great idea.but I have not got luck on that yet.Tried to fake a swipe on lcd,but failed.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:55 AM   #69
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokel22 View Post
Just commenting on another success story. I was about to write my research paper for one of my summer courses outside and I thought that it would be nice to have my outline on the e-ink side, but I didn't know how to put a word document on that side. So rather than searching the edge archive, I decided to use that as an excuse to finally root my edge and install this awesome app =p . It works great and I downloaded the updated one, so here is another success story for the full size edges.
Thanks again for this application; it is much appreciated.
Thank you mokel22 for sharing the story with us.good to know lcd2eink is useful.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:58 AM   #70
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
I do also have a donated ftp server from a helpful member of the edge community. if any developer needs the space for exclusive means of development let me know. this is non ads space very good.
Regarding edit you may need more posts I think. or a mod to enable you?!
Thank you vicinc. I will keep that in mind.
I can only edit my post within 15 minutes.That's a permission issue.It doesn't matter much anyway.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:59 AM   #71
javese
Zealot

Quote:
BTW. Javese have you identified the unique files that makes this device different from other androids? My first PE was borked without entourage recovery working and my device is a dumb android only without eink. any suggestions on where to look?
Does the eink display anything?
Old 08-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #72
javese
Zealot

Quote:
wow. wow. wow. this app is becoming better and better by the day. we should donate javese for his efforts if you have a paypal account I am ready. you should add it to your signature.
Javese also discovered how to use the eink side buttons and remap them. This guys rocks.
As a suggestion now. Under automatic capture can you change so we can edit the time between 2 captures?
MoonReader work fine with this.
I loaded moon reader on the lcd android.
made the fonts bigger than standard. than set the margins to 25.
than press the apps button to sincronize. a swipe on the lcd changes the pages, then press app button. it is really cool.
Thank you vicinc.Good to know you like it.I will ask you for a drink if by any chance I visit your city someday.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:02 AM   #73
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegadgets View Post
Javese,
Thank you so much for sharing your work on this. This is a great app and makes my Pocket Edge even better.
Thank you ilovegadgets.good to know it's useful.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:03 AM   #74
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by good153 View Post
Javese, thanks very much for your wonderful job.
Thank you good153.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:12 AM   #75
javese
Zealot

lcd2eink 0.1.4 released.
added feature:can set autofresh interval.(will go into effect only after you press "done" in the soft keyboard after inputting new interval).
bug fix:if you exit the app with "Use Reader App Switcher Key" checked, pressing app key will trigger 2 captures when you launch the app next time.

how to use:
1.install lcd2eink;
2.launch lcd2eink;
3.edit "Autofresh Interval";

I was trying to use reader's page keys to fake swipe on lcd,but failed.

wish me good luck in trying to map wacom pen event to lcd touch screen event.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LCD2Eink_0.1.4.zip (30.9 KB, 269 views)

Last edited by javese; 08-08-2011 at 05:19 AM.