Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #46
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Well, actually, in seriousness - I'd say read RRH first. Just because it's shorter, and then you won't be rushing through SV in order to get to something else - MoeJoe's stuff deserves your full attention

(see, MJ, all ya need is friends to market your stuff for you...)
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:33 AM   #47
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
I'd love one :-)
Okay, this is my first attempt, I have another idea which I'll get to tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	redridinghoodsmall.png
Views:	390
Size:	585.2 KB
ID:	34476  
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:28 AM   #48
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Ooooh, pretty! Looking forward to seeing the next idea. Have I mentioned that you rock?
Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 AM   #49
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I like this cover. I've already downloaded and used it.

I can't wait to see the new one
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:40 AM   #50
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Well, actually, in seriousness - I'd say read RRH first. Just because it's shorter, and then you won't be rushing through SV in order to get to something else - MoeJoe's stuff deserves your full attention

(see, MJ, all ya need is friends to market your stuff for you...)
I was going to and did read it first because it's short.

I enjoyed it but was surprised when it ended... I wanted more! I kept looking at the back of my reader wondering if I'd lost a page

Thanks, and I look forward to more stories.

animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:46 AM   #51
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
I was going to and did read it first because it's short.

I enjoyed it but was surprised when it ended... I wanted more! I kept looking at the back of my reader wondering if I'd lost a page

Thanks, and I look forward to more stories.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, maybe it IS a little too abrupt... I'll look at that when I do an editing run on it. Most writers seem to cut stuff OUT when they edit... I add stuff in.

I am contemplating writing more Rosie stories. If I can come up with a hook
Old 08-19-2009, 04:33 AM   #52
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
nomesque, after reading Dead(ish), it brings to mind a whole 'nother picture when I hear BBQ.

What a unique story. Thank you for sharing with us.

P.S. Remind me to never tick you off. You have way too many creative ideas for revenge.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #53
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
nomesque, after reading Dead(ish), it brings to mind a whole 'nother picture when I hear BBQ.
Great! See, that's what a writer loves hearing, that they've traumatised people in odd ways... (that wasn't snark, btw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
What a unique story. Thank you for sharing with us.

P.S. Remind me to never tick you off. You have way too many creative ideas for revenge.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! But yes, imagine my poor hubby... *snicker*
Old 08-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #54
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Well, I read halfway through DEAD(ish), then I decided to read this thread. I think the spoilers and hints above have...

...Oh wait, no, I just have to go back and finish reading the book now. I don't know what I'm thinking. I have to know how it ends... brb I'll finish my review when I've read to the end

Edit: great line from a dead person "blah blah blah I faded out before he could bore me into a second death" hehe

Last edited by cbell; 08-21-2009 at 09:22 PM.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #55
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Right, finished. The ending wasn't a complete surprise, but that's only because I'd read this thread (damn!).

nomesque, I really like your writing style. To have each character write from their own perspective made a very entertaining read. Your story is tight, engrossing and well-edited. Never a boring moment and you gave me plenty of laughs and mental headshakes.

Yes, your characters have incredibly potty mouths, but I think that helped set the tone of the people they are (or were).

Thank you for sharing this book with us. I'm off to download RRH now.

PS Moejoe, another awesome cover. Great job, both of you!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #56
Mason
parce qui c'est amusant!
Mason began at the beginning.

Device: none
I read the first three pages, and I must say that what I've read so far is simply hilarious xD.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #57
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Right, finished. The ending wasn't a complete surprise, but that's only because I'd read this thread (damn!).
Yeah, sorry I wasn't helping in the spoilers bit.

Quote:
nomesque, I really like your writing style. To have each character write from their own perspective made a very entertaining read. Your story is tight, engrossing and well-edited. Never a boring moment and you gave me plenty of laughs and mental headshakes.

Yes, your characters have incredibly potty mouths, but I think that helped set the tone of the people they are (or were).

Thank you for sharing this book with us. I'm off to download RRH now.
I'm really glad you enjoyed it I've been working hard on tightening my writing style, so it's great to hear that it's coming through.

Those potty mouths *shake* Life would've been so much easier if I hadn't had swearing ALL through my first ebook :lol:

Quote:
PS Moejoe, another awesome cover. Great job, both of you!
Yup, he did a stellar job
Old 08-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #58
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
I read the first three pages, and I must say that what I've read so far is simply hilarious xD.
I hope you enjoy the rest of it too!

Tags
humor, humour, mystery, vengeance