Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #196
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
there are no decimals in cents lol.
What about gas, diesel, heating oil, ...?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:02 PM   #197
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
What about gas, diesel, heating oil, ...?
I have never seen it written as 2.99.9 always 2.999
Just looked at my gas bill.
Commodity Charge 13.000 @ 0.1957 / CCF 2.54
Gas Cost @ 0.365 / CCF 4.75
Rider WNA 13.000 @ 0.00317034- -0.04

I did find where they placed the negative interesting.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:15 PM   #198
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
You knew what I meant though.
You must be unfamiliar with the Verizon math fiasco.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:23 PM   #199
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

$2.34 is 2 and 34 hundredths dollars, which happens to be $2 and 34 cents.
$2.999 is a single number, there is no reason to have multiple radix points.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:31 PM   #200
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I had assumed someone bumped this as a warning that credits were expiring but didn't check since I spent mine almost as soon as I got them.

Then I checked my email and see I have a new credit of $3.62. Yay! Completely unexpected money is always good. Even if it isn't enough to buy lunch.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #201
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
$2.34 is 2 and 34 hundredths dollars, which happens to be $2 and 34 cents.
$2.999 is a single number, there is no reason to have multiple radix points.
John was commenting that they used decimals in cents for gas and diesel. I remember when it used to be written like this.
2.49^9
Old 10-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #202
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Cool, I just received the email and I have $18.44 in credit!

Here is the link again if anyone wants to check.

http://www.amazon.com/applebooksettlement
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #203
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
John was commenting that they used decimals in cents for gas and diesel. I remember when it used to be written like this.
2.49^9
Both of which used to be well under a dollar per gallon and were priced in cents. 249.9 would have been correct as would the better 2.499; 2.49^9 is weird and 2.49.9 would be just wrong.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #204
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Both of which used to be well under a dollar per gallon and were priced in cents. 249.9 would have been correct as would the better 2.499; 2.49^9 is weird and 2.49.9 would be just wrong.
Oh yes. The 0.899 days. I remember when the gas station had the 9 which was tax as a little number beside and slightly above the other numbers so you wouldn't read it as $8.99 a gallon. Why haven't they just rounded up to the nearest penny.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:14 PM   #205
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Who knows on court settlements it is possible to get teeny tiny checks.
I got one for 19 cents once.

I was just teasing you hun. Even 3/4 of a dollar isn't much. You did get more than me. I got nothing.
Grumpy today, hubby had another retinal tear and treatment yesterday, so he hasn’t been doing very well. I’ve been busy.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #206
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

For example:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	159529  
Old 10-18-2017, 01:27 PM   #207
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Grumpy today, hubby had another retinal tear and treatment yesterday, so he hasn’t been doing very well. I’ve been busy.
No worries hun. Hope hubby is better soon.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #208
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
For example:
There are no decimals or even any place for a dollar. That is what I was trying to show on the 9 so thanks.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:38 PM   #209
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
There are no decimals or even any place for a dollar. That is what I was trying to show on the 9 so thanks.
Another example:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gas-prices-1916.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	159530  
Old 10-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #210
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I got a whole 38¢ from Amazon. I don't think I got anything from B&N last time even though I thought I should have received something. I requested a check instead of credit because I didn't want to spend anything there after they stopped making it easy to download your books. If I can remember my login I'll check there too.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote