Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #121
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I haven't read the entire thread, but to throw in my two cents... I agree ebooks should be left alone however eTextbooks could greatly benefit from enhancement
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #122
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Oh, can't we?
Perhaps I'm being cynical, but so far what I've seen of the world is definitely more concerned with monetizing everything in sight then providing their clientele with the best product or service. Convincing clients that a certain minimal acceptable value good or service, for lots of the client's money, is the name of the game.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #123
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Perhaps I'm being cynical, but so far what I've seen of the world is definitely more concerned with monetizing everything in sight then providing their clientele with the best product or service. Convincing clients that a certain minimal acceptable value good or service, for lots of the client's money, is the name of the game.
That's true enough. Some people actually think that an activity that does not earn you more money (or later on, gives you the opportunity to earn more money) is not worth doing.

In my opinion, you're leading a very shallow life that way. You'll end up with a very full wallet, but a very empty brain.

After my level of savings and income reached the amount of "enough to live comfortably and do what I want to do without too much trouble (as long as I don't loose my job)", then there is no use for even *more* money. I'm not a person to suddenly start spending more or live more expensive if I have more money.

Maybe I'm just satisfied more easily than the real capitalists.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-22-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #124
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:

Money grubbers aren't capitalists, much less True Capitalists™.
The latter are *very* rare and actually principled, value-focused small business types.
Even the watered-down "lower-case capitalists" believe in letting market forces convey consumers' needs and desires and align their interests with the prevailing forces instead of fighting them or trying to bypass them, say through price-fixing conspiracies or bribing corrupt bureaucrats and government officials. Or simply lobbying politicians for "special snowflake" favors and protections.
Those scum-sucking money-grubbers aren't capitalists, they just hide behind them.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #125
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
That's true enough. Some people actually think that an activity that does not earn you more money (or later on, gives you the opportunity to earn more money) is not worth doing.

In my opinion, you're leading a very shallow life that way. You'll end up with a very full wallet, but a very empty brain.

After my level of savings and income reached the amount of "enough to live comfortably and do what I want to do without too much trouble (as long as I don't loose my job)", then there is no use for even *more* money. I'm not a person to suddenly start spending more or live more expensive if I have more money.

I'm like that too, but I seldom say no to more money. I only work part time, almost much to get off my fat ass as to make money. Still I could do volunteer work instead and have thought about it often but I chose to make an extra 40K a year. Plus overall I like my job

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote