Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #121
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Heads up, this Kindle Fire HD case just came up one of my deals sites for $6 from Amazon w/Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00947ENHQ/...0&linkCode=as1
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #122
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
My first iPad's case was a Casecrown, and after 2 years if daily use, it still looked good.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #123
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Heads up, this Kindle Fire HD case just came up one of my deals sites for $6 from Amazon w/Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00947ENHQ/...0&linkCode=as1
I plan to get the black version when I get my KFHD in November.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #124
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I really love that heathery-purple and it seems like an amazing deal. Almost makes me wish I could justify buying a Fire just to get the case. Heh.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #125
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
I'm not 100% sure how well the TravelFlex will work with the case I'm getting, but I've been staring at cases and lights till I'm blue in the face and I'll make it work somehow.
I clip my Travelflex on the folded-back front cover, like this:

Last edited by xtine; 10-15-2012 at 04:29 AM.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #126
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Sparklemotion, I don't even have calibre. I keep thinking I should start freeing my books for the future, but the Kindle ecosystem does not seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, so I keep pushing it off.

Maybe next rainy weekend...
I am too paranoid. I free every single book the *second* I buy it (I "buy" the freebies). That's largely so I get 100000% jurisdiction over my own book. I like to add my own tags, and fill in metadata myself.

Whether or not Amazon goes under is not the issue, I'm a little bit too easily affected by the idea, whether "rumor" or not, that they reserve the right to delete books from anyone's account without notice. That kind of keeps me on my toes so that what is mine is mine.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #127
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
M-Edge is actually giving away the E-luminator book light for free with every e-reader cover purchase
Offer still going, plus my K3 cover was on special offer $17.99 - bargainous!
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:20 AM   #128
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I am too paranoid. I free every single book the *second* I buy it (I "buy" the freebies). That's largely so I get 100000% jurisdiction over my own book. I like to add my own tags, and fill in metadata myself.

Whether or not Amazon goes under is not the issue, I'm a little bit too easily affected by the idea, whether "rumor" or not, that they reserve the right to delete books from anyone's account without notice. That kind of keeps me on my toes so that what is mine is mine.
Very smart. You free your books, you can move on to alternatives!
Of ourse, kindles and kobos being able to open epub and mobi respectively would also be great.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #129
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Very smart. You free your books, you can move on to alternatives!
Of ourse, kindles and kobos being able to open epub and mobi respectively would also be great.
Most of the time I choose to purchase books from DRM-free websites. Their business models are more respectful to the customer. With books I have to "fix" in order to use my way, I go for the freebies.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #130
Trauma Doll
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by captkjaneway View Post
Offer still going, plus my K3 cover was on special offer $17.99 - bargainous!
Where is this, via Amazon or via M-Edge directly?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #131
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I checked out the Kobo Glo in the flesh today, and I was very impressed with how evenly lit the screen was (that grey bar along the bottom really does help hide any shadows there). However, it looked very grey when the light was switched off, sitting next to the Kobo Touch it was very noticeable. Looking forward to comparing it with the Kindle when it starts to appear.....
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #132
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post

Here! Here! I've had Amazon books go missing out of my Archive. I wouldn't of even noticed if I hadn't kept a backup in Calibre of my books. I do have a large archive. I think that is partly the problem.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #133
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Here! Here! I've had Amazon books go missing out of my Archive. I wouldn't of even noticed if I hadn't kept a backup in Calibre of my books. I do have a large archive. I think that is partly the problem.
Wait, from your Cloud Library as well? ThAt's wghere I keep all my books now, goodness! Were they Amazon purchased books? Kind of dreading your answer now....
Old 10-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #134
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Wait, from your Cloud Library as well? ThAt's wghere I keep all my books now, goodness! Were they Amazon purchased books? Kind of dreading your answer now....
They were Amazon freebies. I know this can happen because I've seen a few other people have books go missing. Because they were freebies and I have a Calibre copy, I didn't report it

The Cloud and Archive Items are the same thing.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #135
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I've had Amazon books go missing out of my Archive.
Geez that's a little disturbing.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote