Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
Word 2010 & Calibre Indents

Is there a simple way in Word 2010 to tell Calibre not to indent a select few paragraphs? Calibre is a great program, and so is Sigil, but I have not found a way for this rookie to tell one or two paragraphs not to indent, while desiring the rest to indent.

I've spend an hour or so trying to find an easy way to do that; from creating a style in Word with no indent, to look on the forum for the html code. The code seems to be out there, but as a rookie I am not sure the placement in Sigil.

I was hoping I could use Sigil and tell a paragraph "no indent" but that doesn't work.

I know I can turn off the 1.5 em indent in Calibre, but as I shared, I desire most paragraphs to be indented.

Thanks in advance!
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themus View Post
Is there a simple way in Word 2010 to tell Calibre not to indent a select few paragraphs? Calibre is a great program, and so is Sigil, but I have not found a way for this rookie to tell one or two paragraphs not to indent, while desiring the rest to indent.

I've spend an hour or so trying to find an easy way to do that; from creating a style in Word with no indent, to look on the forum for the html code. The code seems to be out there, but as a rookie I am not sure the placement in Sigil.

I was hoping I could use Sigil and tell a paragraph "no indent" but that doesn't work.

I know I can turn off the 1.5 em indent in Calibre, but as I shared, I desire most paragraphs to be indented.

Thanks in advance!
In Sigil:
Locate the Paragraph. Click the mouse there to set to 'insert point'.
Then switch to CV. You should see
Code:
<p class="calibreN"> The Paragraph words
Where N is a number
Change that to read (just add a space and the additional class selector):
Code:
<p class="calibreN noindent"> The Paragraph words
In the Stylesheet (used for that file. usually only 1)
add between the selector used above and the next (not a rule, just the way I do since I am building ONTO the class)
Code:
.noindent {
     text-indent: 0;
     }
What this does is cancels the indent called for in the calibreN class for that paragraph
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
Wonderful! Thanks bunches. That will save a lot of re-editing in Word. After two more hours, I did find if I created a new 'normal' style with no indent, it converted by Calibre with no indent. Up to then, I had just highlighted the paragraph and told it not to indent. Perhaps too, checking the 'delete' extra spacing in Calibre made a difference too.

At any rate, your solution will be a lot easier for the rare times I don't desire an indent.

Thanks again.!
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote