Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Something to Celebrate!

With everything going on at MR lately , I thought it would be nice to have a place to post celebratory news from our members that they would like to share!

It can be anything from something as extraordinary as a birth announcement to something as simple as finding the perfect pair of shoes (okay, guys, I know that that probably wouldn't be celebratory to you, but you never know ).

Anything that makes your heart happy!

And if you'll forgive the presumption, I'll start!

My eldest daughter will graduate college next week with a Major in Global Affairs and a minor in Art and she did it in only 4 years!! Yeah! She already has a great job lined up and will be making considerably more than I did as a teacher! I am inordinately proud of her!!

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that is wonderful news kaz !! congratulations to your daughter and to you, you are right to be proud !!

and thank you very much for this lovely topic, i think it's a great idea.

here is my celebration:

tonight i am going to the theater to see Sacha Waltz's choreography "Allée des Cosmonautes". i first saw this choreography in the film version many years ago and i was astounded at the new form of dance presented, a mix of traditional dance and new styles, with some acrobatie as well, it was truly magnificent. i have been looking forward to seeing it performed live for months !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Congrats to your daughter! You must be very proud.

What does she plan to do with a major in Global Affairs and a minor in Art?
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that is wonderful news kaz !! congratulations to your daughter and to you, you are right to be proud !!

and thank you very much for this lovely topic, i think it's a great idea.

here is my celebration:

tonight i am going to the theater to see Sacha Waltz's choreography "Allée des Cosmonautes". i first saw this choreography in the film version many years ago and i was astounded at the new form of dance presented, a mix of traditional dance and new styles, with some acrobatie as well, it was truly magnificent. i have been looking forward to seeing it performed live for months !!
That does sound wonderful!! My husband and I are going to the new Star Trek movie at an IMAX theatre! Not quite the same, I'll admit, but is a night out without the kids!!

Kaz
Old 05-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Congrats to your daughter! You must be very proud.

What does she plan to do with a major in Global Affairs and a minor in Art?
She'll be working for the US government. She wanted to major in Art only, but her father and I were worried she wouldn't be able to make a living. The new job will combine the best of both of her areas of interest!

Kaz
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
She'll be working for the US government. She wanted to major in Art only, but her father and I were worried she wouldn't be able to make a living. The new job will combine the best of both of her areas of interest!

Kaz

Hmmm...
Sounds to me like she will be a real life Indiana Jones or Stargate girl! Tell her to snap a pic of the Holy Grail on her phone and email me a copy. Thanks!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #7
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
*mumbles* this is what the props thread is supposed to be *pout*
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Hmmm...
Sounds to me like she will be a real life Indiana Jones or Stargate girl! Tell her to snap a pic of the Holy Grail on her phone and email me a copy. Thanks!
You never know! She won't even tell me what she is actually going to be doing. She lives to be mysterious!

Kaz
Old 05-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #9
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
I humbly beg your pardon, Krisk. I searched for celebrations but nothing came up. I also have never heard "props" used in the way you've used it in your thread. I'm sorry if I stepped on your toes.

Kaz
Old 05-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
don't pout krisk, we can never have too many threads about celebrations. i started one myself back in november 2008.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
My eldest daughter will graduate college next week with a Major in Global Affairs and a minor in Art and she did it in only 4 years!! Yeah! She already has a great job lined up and will be making considerably more than I did as a teacher! I am inordinately proud of her!!

Kaz
Congrats to your daughter for her accomplishment, and to you for yours in being such a great mom. Mom has never been an easy job, but you seem to have succeeded quite well thus far. I salute you. It goes without saying, you have every reason to be proud.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
It can be anything from something as extraordinary as a birth announcement to something as simple as finding the perfect pair of shoes (okay, guys, I know that that probably wouldn't be celebratory to you, but you never know ).
It is for the yeti - there aren't that many that come in size 12...

Quote:
Kaz
Congrats

Something very minor for me, but I discovered today just the right mix of ingredients to make my drop scones taste like those my nanna used to make.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #13
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
It is for the yeti - there aren't that many that come in size 12...

Congrats

Something very minor for me, but I discovered today just the right mix of ingredients to make my drop scones taste like those my nanna used to make.
I have never made a scone, but I love to eat them. Do you want to share the recipe or is it a family secret?
Kaz
Old 05-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I just got a new bicycle, and it's rather nice.

Sadly, all but 2 of the dozen dogs loose in my neighborhood have marked their territory on it. I guess this proves that a ten's peed bike really stinks.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Holy moly congrats for your daughter!!! Hey it's a little off topic, but I would give her "Rich by Thirty" by Leslie Scorgie as a grad gift. It sounds odd, but it's actually a really great book on the basics of personal finance. Since she's going out on her own and getting a great job, she can learn how to grow her money
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote