Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
NigelS
Enthusiast
NigelS doesn't litterNigelS doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Quit from SysTray Not Working?

I have just updated to v115 and when I click the red cross on the app, instead of closing it now minimises to the system tray. I understand that this is due to the need to remain running for the scheduling of recipes. However, since I don't use that feature I always follow-up by right clicking the systray icon and selecting Quit. However this is not working for me - when I do this the icon remains in the tray, and when after leaving it for several minutes, I run Task Manager, the calibre app is still in the applications list with (not responding) in the title-line. I have to "End Now" to kick it out.

Anyone else having this problem?

This is under Win XP SP3 by the way (in a Virtual PC 2007 virtual machine in case this is relevant).

Thanks
NigelS
NigelS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It is working fine for me under XP SP3!

If you do not want the minimize to Systray behavior you can switch it off under the Interfaces part of the Configuration dialogs.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can also use Ctrl+Q to fully quit the app.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote