Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #1
hermann1514
hermann1514 began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
Import ebooks recursive?

Hi,

is it possible to automatilicy import ebooks recursive with the WIndows Version?

If i choose a folder only this folder is watched ;-(

Regards
Hermann
hermann1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Auto add folder is a flat file location

OTOH Adding books (right click) offers many options. A few include sub-folders
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermann1514 View Post
If i choose a folder only this folder is watched ;-(

The automatic add folder is watched, not its subdirectories, to keep someone from shooting themselves in the foot (or worse) by pointing the auto-add process to "C:\". That person would regret doing that for quite some time to come, especially if they had checked the checkbox to "Automatically Add Files of All File Types (Not Just eBooks)".

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:29 AM   #4
hermann1514
hermann1514 began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
OK. Thanks.

But i have another Problem wit the automatic Import. The first time the Import is working.
After that, if i moved files with a script to the import folder, calibre doesn't import them.
The i restart the Calibre the immport is running.

Is it a BUG?

Regards
Hermann
hermann1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:38 AM   #5
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermann1514 View Post
OK. Thanks.

But i have another Problem wit the automatic Import. The first time the Import is working.
After that, if i moved files with a script to the import folder, calibre doesn't import them.
The i restart the Calibre the immport is running.

Is it a BUG?

Regards
Hermann
Hermann:

No, it is not a Calibre bug. Calibre uses Qt for the GUI etc. It also uses the Qt "QFileSystemWatcher" object to monitor changes to the auto-add directory that you specified. At Calibre startup, the auto-add always does its job. However, after Calibre has been running for a while, the watcher object sometimes does not emit a signal telling Calibre that it needs to perform an auto-add, especially if only a single book is placed into the auto-add directory. If you place a few books into your auto-add directory, it usually is sufficient to provoke a response from the watcher.

If you always are moving a single book into that directory, and continue to have this problem, as a workaround you could change your script to always copy a few "dummy" files (not ebooks) along with your "real" books, and then have it later delete your "dummy" files from the auto-add directory. That should tickle the watcher enough to provoke it.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 01-22-2018 at 09:41 AM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert