Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
mattjackson4
mattjackson4 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemattjackson4 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemattjackson4 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemattjackson4 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemattjackson4 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemattjackson4 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemattjackson4 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemattjackson4 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemattjackson4 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemattjackson4 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemattjackson4 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo wifi
Kobo WiFi SD image

Hi all,

I know this might be a long shot since the wifi is an older model now, but I was wondering if anyone could send me an image file of a working kobo wifi SD card.

I updated the reader over wifi and it crashed and now wont boot. I have it opened and got the card. Im also familiar with making and loading images but I can't find a working one anywhere online.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 01-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
RyanDomroes
RyanDomroes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi n647
Im in the same boat, seem the kobo wifi n647 cant be updated to 1.9.11
could I get a link to the SD image also,plz
Old 01-26-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
RyanDomroes
RyanDomroes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi n647
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thanks david4 It worked,
Advert
Old 01-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
desoto
desoto began at the beginning.

That forced update bricked my kobo wifi, too. Any chance you can send the image to me?
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

desoto: PM Sent.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #8
desoto
desoto began at the beginning.

Successfully copied image (thank you, Davidfor!) to microSD using ImageWriter, and checked the files on it.
However, now the Kobo isn't responding at all. The only thing that works now is the on/off LED. The screen shows "kobo read on" and the 7 little black squares at the bottom. Prior to the new image, the squares continuously loaded (danced) when the kobo was on. Now, they are static.
I tried again from scratch downloading the image, copying it, etc. but nothing changed.
Tried the paperclip reset, but nothing happens. Held home and turned it on, nothing...

Any ideas at this point? The microSD is working, just not in the kobo (it's the original card, too).
Old 01-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #9
AskzYDre
Enthusiast
AskzYDre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I have the Touch Model N905-KBO-B, serial number N905J2....and mine is stuck on the restarting screen, can't reset/restart at all. Is it possible I can get an SD image from someone? If so, do you have to change the serial number anywhere in the files? Thanks.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I think that is an N905B Touch, but, can you check? If you look at the end of the Touch, under the "Made in China" notice it should have "MODEL: N905x". The "x" will be probably be a "B", but it might be a "C".
Old 01-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #11
AskzYDre
Enthusiast

It is a N905C, thanks.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM Sent.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:57 AM   #13
AskzYDre
Enthusiast

That worked great, "USB Image Writer" in Ubuntu writes the image down nicely to the card. Thanks!! I noticed when browsing the *.img in GHex that the serial number "11:22:..." is in a few places but left it alone. I seemed to be able to update firmware to Touch 3.0.1 without it being correct, and connect to the Kobo store, so do you know if it is even necessary to have the correct serial number? I tried putting the correct serial in device.xml but it didn't change with the device screen says.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #14
Grievous
Grievous began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless N647B
Kobo WiFi Bricked

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM Sent.
I have the same problem with my Kobo WiFi N647. Could DavidFor please send me a link to the SD card image download. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Grievous: PM sent
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi