Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
search on a yes/no column

Hi.
I created a new custom column called show - type Yes/No.
I set one book as yes in the show column and one book as no in the show column to test searching.

I tried a few searches show:true, show:=true, show:="true" and the equivalent for false and show:blank.
All my results came up with not results.

I seem to missing something basic with my search but I can't seem to see it.
can someone point out the correct syntax?
richreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
If it is a custom column, you need to put # in front of the name.
So use this:

#show:true
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Custom columns need a # before the lookup name. Search for #show:true or #show:yes.

Last edited by Synamon; 01-15-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: too slow
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool search on a yes/no column

#show:yes or #show:no
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
Right -- as soon as I read the # I remembered reading that.
I know it was something simple.
Thank-you for all the replies
richreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert