Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Most expensive eBook at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Selected-Nucle...5974724&sr=1-1

I dont know what it better... the price? or the reviews?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2

Thank you!!! Awesome!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
Well, reviewers missed the point big time. It's not "Nuclear for Dummies", it's an engineering book with materials that engineers in nuclear field should know very well. So, every review "I sold my BMW to buy this book" and making fun with this book - and I'm sure nobody read it - is totally missed in this case. While you can buy a best-seller for a few dollars, at the same time there are medicine book at $400 and nobody writes "Heart surgery?! What the heck?!! Who needs that?!" So, grow up reviewers, a medicine book is surely more worth than Tom Clancy because it saves life, and in an engineering book about nuclear science there is more science than in all best sellers together. As always in life, it's not appropriate to make fun of something you don't know, you may make fun of yourself.
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Looks like its real. There have been some ebooks with crazy prices before on prerelease items but they were just placeholders until whoever is publishing set a real price. The same publisher has other ebooks as well which are very expensive but they all look like laboratory reference material so it'd be purchased by somebody for work usage.

I had a look at the publishers website and they sell the data in sets with each one costing between 50-300. The 5000+ price matches up with what it would cost to buy every single element set together in one book.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Histerius View Post
Well, reviewers missed the point big time. It's not "Nuclear for Dummies", it's an engineering book with materials that engineers in nuclear field should know very well. So, every review "I sold my BMW to buy this book" and making fun with this book - and I'm sure nobody read it - is totally missed in this case. While you can buy a best-seller for a few dollars, at the same time there are medicine book at $400 and nobody writes "Heart surgery?! What the heck?!! Who needs that?!" So, grow up reviewers, a medicine book is surely more worth than Tom Clancy because it saves life, and in an engineering book about nuclear science there is more science than in all best sellers together. As always in life, it's not appropriate to make fun of something you don't know, you may make fun of yourself.
You sound somewhat hysterical, histerius.

I am sure nobody would make fun of a printbook on that topic sold for this price but an ebook??? And who is the target audience, btw, nuclear scientits on the run, downloading it on their Kindles while checking in to Iran? Come on, it is funny

Last edited by Poppaea; 01-25-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Karma to you Tiersten
Old 01-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
Histerius
Zealot

Quote:
somewhat hysterical
Yes, that's our motto I just don't like when people criticize something they don't understand and I bet nobody read that book.
BTW, how the heck did you guess our motto?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Yes, that's our motto I just don't like when people criticize something they don't understand and I bet nobody read that book.
BTW, how the heck did you guess our motto?
Histerius is a company that founded "Positions and Promotions", and design studio "Histerius design". Headquartered in Zagreb, Croatia, Histerius' mission is to give the most interesting articles, and to provide high-end design to every client.

Google
Old 01-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #9
Histerius
Zealot

I'm glad somebody found the way to our website
Old 01-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
I'm glad somebody found the way to our website
Yeah, that was what I was wondering: Me, being the only person in the world to visit and no cake
Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
Histerius
Zealot

This is telepathy! We put cakes in the oven a few minutes ago!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

ok, gimme a minute, let me just put my nuclear stuff book on my reader and off I am
Old 01-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
Histerius
Zealot

Old 01-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Be very very careful with that "1-click" button!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #15
Histerius
Zealot

Indeed, we are joking here and just one click can make a serious disaster