Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
daledaj
daledaj began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
HELP please [links in Calibre]

I have a PRS 505. I am not sure if I should ask this here, or in a calibre forum.

I have created a document, and saved it in .rtf and .pdf. In this document, I have place links to places within the document. (Kind of like a TOC)

When I transfer the document to my reader, the .pdf is barely readable, (as in very light) and format, while kind of altered from the origional, but useable. The problem is that none of the links work. The same with the .rtf (although with .rtf, the format is as I made it, and it is ver;y readable). The problem is, again, none of the links work.

When I convert either to .lrf using calibre, the links all go back to the first page.

How can I make the links work?

Thank You for your replies.
daledaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum, Daledaj.
Since this is a problem with getting links to work in Calibre, I'll move this thread to the Calibre forum, where you are more likely to get an informed answer.

Last edited by Patricia; 10-13-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
PDF and RTF output do not support links.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
So, saving in HTML would probably work better for daledaj?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:06 AM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Using a working HTML file as the input and converting to EPUB would be the best option.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert