Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
What I’m Thankful For: That Pirated Copy of My Book

You might find this interesting

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...py-of-my-book/
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:01 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
The author has got to tread carefully, Mark. My own house has recently signed half a dozen titles on an ebook-only basis after negotiations with the publishers who hold print rights. Every single one (carrying new BeWrite Books ISBNs) has so far been questioned by the major ebook stores because the print versions are still listed as availlable. Fortunately, it was plain sailing for us because we have to hand the signed 'official' paperwork formally releasing digital rights to us. An author trying to self-publish ebook editions of an existing print title without the written agreement of his publisher might well find himself on a sticky wicket (whether digital rights are included in his contract or not). Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote