Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-20-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
marbed
marbed began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Unhappy Sigil 0.9.17 on Sierra bug? XHTML files moving around

Hi all!

I hope this is the right place to report/ask!

I’ve been having a strange behaviour with Sigil 0.9.17 on iMac (OS Sierra 10.12.6)
Sometimes (but not always), when I double click on an XHTML file to edit in the Book Browser panel, text files are moving around. The clicked XHTML file moves up in the file order, but also moves in the OPF spine order!

Am I the only one with this bug!?

TIA
Maryse
marbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:47 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Are you sure you're not accidentally clicking and dragging the xhtml files when double-clicking? That would certainly result in the files moving position and the spine order being updated. I've not heard of any problems with files moving in Book Browser just by double-clicking them.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Perhaps we should put back the drag distance minimum setting just for macOS? On some platforms people have to drag too far, and in other platforms, having any velocity at all when trying to double-click makes it look like a click and drag and drop.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:11 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
That's fine by me. It makes sense that it probably needs a per-platform setting. Perhaps even an environment variable override, just in case?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:37 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some macs have sticky right click mouse buttons. So try doing a single right click to clear it. On trackpads there are a number of gesture preferences that can impact this issue. Also some mac Accessibility preferences impact this (auto drag, etc).

Last edited by KevinH; 08-23-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Advert
Old 08-23-2019, 10:19 AM   #6
marbed

Thanks for your responses, but no, it’s not a case of "clicking/dragging" when double clicking...
I’ve downloaded 0.9.16 again and didn’t get any of that behavior.

Funny enough, I’ve tried to reproduce it this morning and it happened 3 or 4 times out of MANY clicks...
I use a Wacom pen tablet and not a mouse. But I never had this problem before and I have been using Sigil for a looong time. I have also noticed that the dragging of files is more erratic than before. I need to select at a certain sweet spot in order to move the file up or down.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:02 AM   #7
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Did you check all the Accessibility preferences, and track pad / mouse preferences that might impact this behaviour. Sigil is developed on macOS (High Sierra in this case) and I can assure you that I am not seeing anything like you described.

You may want to check your trackpad settings and look for updated drivers.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:42 PM   #8
marbed

Will do! Thanks!