Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #1
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
kindle origami voyage case or the leather origami case? want a simple case

*simple case
*comfortable to hold*
not really shoving in my bag or anything but want something that looks slick to me the origami seems quite neat.. but not sure if i should pay extra for leather what do you guys think?
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:10 PM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I just bought the magnetic one (3rd party) for my Voyage. I needed protection from scratches in my purse and lightweight. Liked the power saving feature. I think the leather one is better for protection from falls (it is heavier than the origami one).
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2016, 05:19 PM   #3
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The origami case is protective and great if you would benefit from having a built in stand. I do a lot of reading while eating and this works great for me. I prefer leather but I think the vinyl is equally protective and functional.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:11 PM   #4
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I wouldn't call the origami case "nice to hold." I find it wonderful for reading at a table. But for holding I just slip the Voyage out of the case and hold it 'naked.'
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:09 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I wouldn't call the origami case "nice to hold." I find it wonderful for reading at a table. But for holding I just slip the Voyage out of the case and hold it 'naked.'
Do you have the leather or the vinyl one? I have the leather one (the standard leather one, not the premium version) and find it very nice to hold; I like it a lot. A friend of mine has the vinyl one and neither she nor I like it - it's rather slippery to hold.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2016, 05:39 AM   #6
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

So leather seems better?
Old 10-10-2016, 05:47 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think it's much better, as I said.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:09 PM   #8
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I have the cheaper Origami plastic case (Amazon brand) and also a couple Fintie smartshell cases. I swap between them--I like the Finite cases because they are light weight (noticeably lighter than the Amazon case) and still provide good protection. I like the Amazon case because I do like the ability to stand up my reader when reading at lunch. When I'm using the Amazon case, and not using the stand functionality, I do usually pop the reader out of the case to read--which is incredibly easy to do. The Fintie case is light enough, that I don't feel the need to remove the case when reading--which is a good thing, because it's not quite so simple to remove the reader from the case. One nice thing about the Fintie cases is the price--about $15 USD.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:34 AM   #9
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I had the grey simple Origami case and loved it except for the fact that the magnets attracted dirt... shouldn't be a problem with the darker colors...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:30 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
When I'm using the Amazon case, and not using the stand functionality, I do usually pop the reader out of the case to read--which is incredibly easy to do. The Fintie case is light enough, that I don't feel the need to remove the case when reading--which is a good thing, because it's not quite so simple to remove the reader from the case.
The only times I've ever dropped my Kindle have been when I've been reading, so for me it would completely defeat the purpose of the case to remove it from it when I'm reading. Eg a few months ago I was reading while having my lunch sitting on a bench in a park on a sunny day. I put the Kindle on the arm of the wooden bench to answer the phone, and accidentally knocked it off. It fell about a metre onto a concrete surface. In its case, and no damage done.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #11
cruff
cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cruff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A friend of mine has the vinyl one and neither she nor I like it - it's rather slippery to hold.
I have the plastic origami case, and I don't find it to be very slippery at all, it does have a textured surface. When the cover is folded back, the interior is a type of fabric, which has a different texture to the outside, and to my fingers is less slippery than the outer surface. My hand is large enough that I can hold it one handed when it is in the folded stand mode by the "stand", which is a fairly secure way to keep ahold of it, but that wouldn't be comfortable for long periods.
cruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:58 PM   #12
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Harry, I have the vinyl one. I understand the leather one would feel better to the touch but I still would not like holding the added bulk and weight versus slipping it out of the case.

Most of the time I set it on a table but if a table is not handy, or at the right height, I'd rather hold it naked. It will have less protection in case of a drop but it is not night and day versus a folded-over case. The origami design does not stick out significantly so, with the cover folded back, on a drop we still have a 50% chance of hitting a 'bare' Voyage edge or face.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:33 PM   #13
wakkaday
Groupie

after all this i ordered a flint case, don't really like the feel i can imagine leather feeling quite nice
Old 10-16-2016, 03:15 AM   #14
Yourcat
Groupie
Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.

Device: PW3 5.6.5-usbnet
I thought of this https://youtu.be/eccV8c2i1Yc origami case.
Yourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #15
wakkaday
Groupie

just ordewred the leather premium case and it strangely feels good.
i will likely turn it over on its self , it would have been nice if the black interior was a leather feel too, as i don't like that material. will probably return my flint case as this one oozes quality and smells nice