Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2022, 08:55 AM   #256
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
When I first saw that Instagram post, my reaction was "Yay, new firmware next week!", haha.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:51 AM   #257
RowdyRuff
Connoisseur
RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Forma, Nook ST
Clara 2E cover now listed at Walmart in Canada:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/kobo-cl.../6000205411309
RowdyRuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2022, 10:03 AM   #258
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyRuff View Post
I don't really like the covers that also cover the front bezels of the screen.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:23 AM   #259
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
It's not a proper cover if it doesn't cover the bezel/screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 01:09 PM   #260
dstaley
dstaley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Agreed. That case looks like the cheap iPad cases you buy on AliExpress. I wish they would have gone with something closer to the Libra 2 and Sage SleepCovers, or even the Clara HD SleepCover.
dstaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2022, 12:21 AM   #261
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not a proper cover if it doesn't cover the bezel/screen.
I disagree. But I'll bite. Why do you say that?
Old 08-30-2022, 01:08 AM   #262
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I disagree. But I'll bite. Why do you say that?
He want the cover to protect the screen. I've seen covers that clipped onto the back of the device leaving the screen unprotected. In which case, unless you are complaining the back of the ereader is too slippery, you're just adding a decorative touch.

Admittedly, we have used iPad cases that are intended to protect from dropping and tossing such as the Super Shell and Ballistic Tough Case though the newer iPad cases are getting over priced. There were a couple of models that came with screen protectors but we've stopped using them since in most cases, an impact that cracked the screen protector also cracked the screen.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-30-2022 at 01:14 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 09:35 PM   #263
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyRuff View Post
Judging by the cutout at the bottom, the usb port will be at the same location as the current Clara HD.

will the power/sleep/wake button be at the same location? Most likely since the case is magnetic, the power button need not be exposed... unless it will be at the back now.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:49 PM   #264
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
He want the cover to protect the screen. I've seen covers that clipped onto the back of the device leaving the screen unprotected. In which case, unless you are complaining the back of the ereader is too slippery, you're just adding a decorative touch.
That's not a cover. It's a case. The operative word in cover is 'cover' as in it covers the screen when it is closed.

Having said that, I don't like the covers that cover the bezel.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 08-31-2022 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:29 PM   #265
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
He want the cover to protect the screen. I've seen covers that clipped onto the back of the device leaving the screen unprotected. In which case, unless you are complaining the back of the ereader is too slippery, you're just adding a decorative touch....
I feel the same. I much prefer the "portfolio" covers to the "slim shells." In the case of the Kobo Clara 2E it looks like you can choose either style from Kobo, which is a good thing.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote