Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-20-2017, 09:12 PM   #1
RX0Unicorn
RX0Unicorn began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD8
Conversion from epub to MOBI stuck at 1% for over 2 hours

I'm trying to convert an IDW Transformers comic I got through Humble Bundle to MOBI to put on my Amazon Fire HD8, and for some reason it's been stuck at 1% for over 2 hours, when I look at the job details the latest update is this.

Parsing OEBPS/stylesheet.css ...

Any idea what's going on? Is it having a problem or is this legit just taking forever?
RX0Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Wait for the crash (if it happens)
You are processing IMAGES. That lots of takes crunch power (and time)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #3
RX0Unicorn

I've already converted 8 comics so far, these in particular are just taking forver and I didn't know if there was a problem or not.

Any idea what that stylesheet thing in the job details is about? I'm new to this.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@RX0Unicorn - why are you even converting epubs

I suggest you google for read epub on fire HD 8.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:48 PM   #5
RX0Unicorn

Just did, doesn't appear to be an easy way to load epubs onto the HD 8
Advert
Old 08-20-2017, 11:15 PM   #6
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Try kindlegen.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:39 PM   #7
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Wait for the crash (if it happens)
You are processing IMAGES. That lots of takes crunch power (and time)
It's not the images that are the problem if it's getting stuck on the stylesheet. Ideally the images shouldn't be touched and there's no real reason to process them. Even so what image processing could it be doing that takes 2 hours on? It's stuck on some HTML. A properly made much epub comic takes like 2 minutes.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:59 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In Calibre, you want to set the output profile to tablet so the images do not get touched. Maybe Calibre is stuck processing the images. In one of the later version 2.8 versions, I did have an issue with one image being processed. The later version 3 Calibre that didn't happen with the same image (I tried it during the beta so I could report it).

So stop the conversion, check the output profile and if it's not tablet, set it to tablet and try again but this time forget Mobi and use KF8. Your Fire can read KF8 so that's what you should be using.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, mobi