Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
fcharat
fcharat began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Trouble with Contents listing

I downloaded the complete works of Shakespeare to my Nook. The works show up but only one page of Content. So, if I want to read a play that is not in the content, I have to do a word search and that gets old.

When I look at the complete works of Shakespeare on the computer in Calibre, the entire Content is there.

I tried converting the works from mobi, html, epub, nothing works. I only have one page of Contents, that is 14 plays instead of 42 or so.

Got any ideas?
Francis
fcharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 10:42 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
You can use Calibre to create a new table of contents. It can do that a number of ways. If none of those ways work you can use the book edit feature to split the files at the start of each play and then use the table of contents creator again and it will work. Just try to make sure the name of the play is the top line on each file.

I do this all the time when I want a TOC in a book that's poorly made. I really don't know much about epub or Calibre but I've found this isn't too difficult to do.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:45 PM   #3
fcharat
fcharat began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Thank you Barry,

I did not know one could do that. I'll go to Calibre and try to learn the different ways to create a TOC. What is odd is that the entire TOC shows in Calibre, but not on my Nook afte I have side-loaded the Complete Works of Shakespeare.
fcharat is offline   Reply With Quote