Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 04:04 AM   #46
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You don't have to turn up the light so bright that it bothers you.
Why pay for it then?
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #47
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
Why pay for it then?
Now you're just trolling.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #48
myself11
Enthusiast
myself11 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST + Kindle PW2
Thanks for the video, Booxtor.

IMO, when brightness is increased the blue tinge and unevenness of light become more evident. It seems to achieve greater brightness levels than Paperwhite and Glo. Will it come with Android 2.3? That would be nice
myself11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Why pay for it then?
Because it gives you an even lighting system that's always there if you want/need it. Just turn up the light so it's not too bright for you. Just because it can go very bright does not mean you need to turn it up all the way especially if it was to bother you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #50
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Because it gives you an even lighting system that's always there if you want/need it. Just turn up the light so it's not too bright for you. Just because it can go very bright does not mean you need to turn it up all the way especially if it was to bother you.
That's a good point. I think much depends on what this will look like in terms of prices.
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #51
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur
ereaderundecided began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
That's a good point. I think much depends on what this will look like in terms of prices.
Very expensive - 200 EUR see http://ereader-store.de/
ereaderundecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #52
janek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderundecided View Post
Very expensive - 200 EUR see http://ereader-store.de/
Thats 40 euros more compared to regular 62hd. Not my cup of tea.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #53
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thats 40 euros more compared to regular 62hd. Not my cup of tea.
And 4 EUR shipping on top of that! Like that device is not already expensive enough, they add 4 EUR just to insult you
Old 10-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #54
myself11
Enthusiast

Online price is 170 euros. It's normal that it is a bit more expensive than kindle, nook or kobo since it's a smaller company and they don't have their own ebook store.

IMO, if it has Android it's worth the price, if not, maybe it's more reasonable to choose other device.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #55
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur

NO it's 200 as you have to add the tax or customs whatever applies in your case.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #56
myself11
Enthusiast

You're right, I haven't noticed that :s
Old 10-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is there any way to get an i62HD in the US from a dealer in the US?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #58
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
NO it's 200 as you have to add the tax or customs whatever applies in your case.
You've wrong, from ereader-strore.de
Quote:
* Price incl. VAT CY (17%) for EU customers + shipping
The tax is only for EU. The price is 170.09 EU

Last edited by Randy11; 10-07-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #59
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur

That's what I said. It's around 200 EUR as you have to add the tax or customs whatever applies. So if you live in the US you have to add customs and that will certainly be around 200 EUR or more.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #60
Gagarin Gambit
Gagarin Gambit began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx i62HD
Quote:
That's what I said. It's around 200 EUR as you have to add the tax or customs whatever applies. So if you live in the US you have to add customs and that will certainly be around 200 EUR or more.
If you're located in the EU, it's the other way round. Just look at this screenshot... a Kindle touch would cost me 157 euros. Moreover, it does not include a cover or a charger. Throw these in, and the cost rises to 200 euros or more. It's the same for many e-book manufacturers since in most EU countries you can only order from the US.

Now, for 170 euros I got an Onyx i62HD. For a mere 13 euros more I got high definition screen, more than double internal storage, a microsd slot, and support for all e-book formats. Plus, it came with a cover and a charger.

Of course it would be different if I were living in the US. But if you're located in the EU, it's quite clear who the winner is - and it will be similar when you compare the Kindle Paperwhite with the Onyx Firefly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindlecost.jpeg
Views:	279
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	93607  
Gagarin Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote