Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Lightbulb Onyx Now Working on a Lighted E-ink eReader

Here a little bit more details
I hope to get a sample of it in a couple of weeks.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
When do they expect to ship it?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
When do they expect to ship it?
The sample will be probably availalble at the end of this month, but we want to test the demand by small production first.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
basico
basico began at the beginning.

Device: none
This is the i62 with "backlight" not the i62 HD?

Anything about the price?
basico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by basico View Post

Nope, it will be i62HD with GlowLight.
We aren't going to offer i62 with regular screen. HD only.
About price I will inform you later.
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by basico View Post

eink cannot have backlight. It needs a front light.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Speaking of the i62HD, how much would it cost to get one in the USA?
Old 08-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
eink cannot have backlight. It needs a front light.
Yes, of course GlowLight is a kind of front light.

About shipping of i62HD to US. You would have to pay just the net price (red coloured in our store). Shipping to US is usually EUR23, but for mobileread users we have extended that promo action for a couple more days. So you can save shipping costs.
i62HD is currently not in stock and will be available again in approx. 5-7 days.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

To get an i62HD in the USA would cost about $198 with the free shipping.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:27 AM   #10
basico
basico began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
The sample will be probably availalble at the end of this month, but we want to test the demand by small production first.
I have ordered an i62 HD on your website, I don't mind to change to the new model
basico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:01 AM   #11
AlexKidd
Enthusiast
AlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox 60, Onyx Boox Max Carta, Wexler Flex One
this new eReader uses a screen made in plastic or glass?
AlexKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKidd View Post
this new eReader uses a screen made in plastic or glass?
As far as I know currently it is glass screen in the prototype.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
md02439
Enthusiast
md02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheese

Device: M92 black
Booxtor are there any plans for a Glowlight version of M92?
md02439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:49 AM   #14
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Some questions about the new Onyx:

- Does the same technology as the Nook Touch GlowLight?

The Nook Touch GlowLight, has two major flaws:

- The backlight is not uniform.

- The contrast is less than the previous model with the same screen.

Varies according reviews authors discussed, this is because the Touch Nook GlowLight uses only 8 LEDs placed at the top of the screen and a light diffuser filter thereon.

If the technology of the new Onyx is the same, we would lose the greatest contrast to its excellent HD display and lighting would not have the consistency needed for a good read.

What would win then?

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #15
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by md02439 View Post
Booxtor are there any plans for a Glowlight version of M92?

Currently there are no plans like that.. But I just got a message, that i62HD with GlowLight will get probably Android OS (alternatively).
If it works, then, I assume, it should be possible to upgrade i62HD (without GlowLight) and also M92 later to that version of Android too.

For users, who don't like the idea to use i62HD with GlowLight, we will keep to offer the regular version of i62HD too.