Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
md02439
Enthusiast
md02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheese

Device: M92 black
New ereader from Onyx anytime soon?

Does anyboby know ([cough] Booxtor [/cough]) if Onyx is planning to release a new ereader anytime soon?

Regards,
Dimi
md02439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Well, since the M92 is not yet ready this probably wouldn't be very prudent...
I would advise against that but who would ask me
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Maybe he's talking about a 6 inch reader or about color eink? But concerning big eink readers in the category of M92 I totally agree with you
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
yes the i62 https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170589
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
md02439
Enthusiast
md02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheese

Device: M92 black
Sorry for not making it more clear, I meant a succesor to M92. The transition from M90 to M92 was very quick. I am asking myself if there is another one to follow shortly.
md02439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
What makes a successor to M92 very unlikely is the lack of new technologies out there - leaving out colored eink-like screens. And by the way, I don't see a reason why we would need a successor for M92. Every single problem with this device is entirely based on software - and software can be replaced without releasing a whole new device.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
11"/13" for the win
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i think the only think possibly would be an updated version with the Pearl HD screen later in the year. or maybe a lower cost version with the IR instead of pen touch.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #9
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by md02439 View Post
Sorry for not making it more clear, I meant a succesor to M92. The transition from M90 to M92 was very quick. I am asking myself if there is another one to follow shortly.
This was dues to obvious hardware problems (speaker impacting the screen usability) and IR sensor not functioning well for turning pages
They needed to fix that ASAP in order to survive on the market. Good business decision, big mistake when they launched M90 and missed these problems.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
My current information is:
They are indeed thinking on a new succesor to M92. It will get a capacitive multitouch (additionaly to wacom) and perhaps Pearl HD. No more details are known yet.
The focus in developing is currently on the dramatically improving of the software.
Someone , who is willing to wait for successor must be patient. It takes at least 6-9 months before we get a prototype.
About color screens or 11"-13" screens - there are no further plans at the moment.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #11
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
My current information is:
They are indeed thinking on a new succesor to M92. It will get a capacitive multitouch (additionaly to wacom) and perhaps Pearl HD. No more details are known yet.
The focus in developing is currently on the dramatically improving of the software.
That was to be expected: Of course there is not the slightest hint that "dramatically improving of the software" means moving to Android - thus leaving another crowd in the dust ...
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
About color screens or 11"-13" screens - there are no further plans at the moment.
too bad
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #13
specialp
specialp began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Hi Booxtor!

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

I am planning to buy Onyx Boox M92 for quite some time now but I wonder maybe it's better to wait some more... M92 was released somewhere around November/December 2011 right?

Is it possible that they would "refresh" hardware a little bit before Christmas ( Pearl HD would be great, there were some gossips about using Onyx working on LG's flexible E-ink screen - would be amazing to see that happening)?

Not really interested in color e-ink but screen like Kindle Paperwhite would be awesome!

What do you think Booxtor? Is there any chance of refreshing M92 hardware before Christmas 2012?

There were no news from Pocketbook in 9.7 e-ink department unfortunately...
specialp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
ExH
E x H
ExH began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hello all (and Booxtor),

I'd like to second specialp's question: does anyone know of any plans for a hardware update to the Onyx Boox M92 (or a new large-screen e-ink model similar to the M92) in the near future?

I'm also planning to buy an M92 and would like to know if I should just spring for it, or be a bit more patient!
ExH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #15
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExH View Post
Hello all (and Booxtor),

I'd like to second specialp's question: does anyone know of any plans for a hardware update to the Onyx Boox M92 (or a new large-screen e-ink model similar to the M92) in the near future?

I'm also planning to buy an M92 and would like to know if I should just spring for it, or be a bit more patient!

Currently there is no plans for new big screen devices by Onyx. Just for 6" devices only (i62 shell with RK2818 CPU@600Mhz and new design with RK2906 CPU @ 1Ghz). But M92 seems to be still uptodate for most needs.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote