Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #31
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
. Sorry it was a bad description - it "keeps" a pipe in there. Yes they are stored in the db like that.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:30 AM   #32
bbr
bbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with others

Device: iPod Touch
http://www.bol.com

A popular book / other site in the Netherlands.
Could be worth adding as well.

Not sure if they support any api calls though.
bbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #33
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Only one of the supported stores has an API. The rest scrape the web pages to collect the information.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #34
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Lots of great DRM-free stores in the new (8.01) release. Nice work guys!
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #35
ewstew
ewstew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I would like to see "www.archive.org" added to the list of stores!!
ewstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 04:54 AM   #36
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Would you consider adding Australian ebook retailers - like Read Without Paper at http://www.readwithoutpaper.com/ ?

More importantly could you add a column to show geographic restrictions? For people in Austalia and New Zealand geographic restriction is more of a problem than DRM. After all, one can remove DRM.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #37
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
More importantly could you add a column to show geographic restrictions? For people in Austalia and New Zealand geographic restriction is more of a problem than DRM. After all, one can remove DRM.
Unfortunately no. Most stores do not disclose this information. The only way to know if they do not sell to your location is to try buying from them and hope it works. This is something that if we don't get it right will have a very negative affect on users.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #38
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
I've spotted a weird problem (move this to the appropriate bug thread if there is one).

If I search for "Clarkesworld", lots of issues come up including Clarkesworld 54 at Wizard's Tower. But if I search "Clarkesworld 54", I get results from Weightless Books, B&N and various Amazons, but not from Wizard's Tower.

Weird.
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #39
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatgirl View Post
I've spotted a weird problem (move this to the appropriate bug thread if there is one).
If I search for "Clarkesworld", lots of issues come up including Clarkesworld 54 at Wizard's Tower. But if I search "Clarkesworld 54", I get results from Weightless Books, B&N and various Amazons, but not from Wizard's Tower.
Weird.
I'll look into this.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #40
user_none

I've fixed the "Clarkesworld" issue. Apparently Wizard's Tower loads the detail page when it only has one search result. I've modified the plugin to account for this.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #41
seanbob
Enthusiast
seanbob is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
How about adding Google's eBook Store?
seanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #42
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbob View Post
How about adding Google's eBook Store?
Creepy... I just completed writing this plugin, look at my email and there is a request for it...
Old 05-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #43
seanbob
Enthusiast
seanbob is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Creepy... I just completed writing this plugin, look at my email and there is a request for it...
Nice! I aim to creep...
seanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #44
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I would like to request the following English stores:

harlequin: http://ebooks.eharlequin.com/4E3BE4D...en/Default.htm

books on board: http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?ebooks=ebooks
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #45
user_none

eHarlequin is already suppoted.

Tags
calibre, plugin, store, theanarchistlibrary